Is Ethanol here to stay?

All discussions pertaining to Ethanol Laced Fuels

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

jrwolfe

Is Ethanol here to stay?

Post by jrwolfe »

We have not had ethanol at the marinas in Upstate NY as yet, but expect it anytime now. Is ethanol here to stay? I am hearing the possibility of it going away. Has anybody heard recent news?

I ahve been planning to change the tank this fall. Maybe better off waiting until next summer if ethanol goes away or at least stays out of the marinas.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

JR,

It's still a crap shoot, but as long as congress is controlled by the Democrats ethanol isn't going away anytime soon... With the economy like it is, few funds for startup ethanol factories, the marine industry pushing to block ethanol laced fuel from marinas, and the ethanol industry being way low on output, there's a good chance your marina won't have it anytime soon. That's an educated guess, but none the less, a guess.

Most of the ethanol production is being allocated to high population density areas. If you're outside of that density, you are somewhat safe. Even if the government does finally dump this stupid program, I still think that we're saddled with it until at least 2011...
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Ethanol is not relegated to one party or the other.

Its a big Ag business with lots of influence all around the table.

It has nothing to do with clean air and everything to do with making money.
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

We just got a letter from a local supplier stating that all gas stations in the Pensacola area will have 10% Ethanol added in all grades of gasolines and all Diesel fuel will have 10% Bio added by 9-16-09. Now the real fun starts, this is gonna suck.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

I think that the problem is the oxygenate required by EPA. MTBE was done away with because the wouldn't grant a liability exemption and alcohol took its place. i do not know what the current non ethanol fuel has in it for oxygenate.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31