H.R. 2652

All discussions pertaining to Ethanol Laced Fuels

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

PaulJ

H.R. 2652

Post by PaulJ »

H.R. 2652: Maritime Safety Act of 2009, submitted to the U.S. House of Representatives on June 2, calls for a study of the effect of blended fuels in marine applications. Section 23 mandates a survey to be conducted by the Department of Homeland Security through the Commandant of the Coast Guard, not more than 180 days after the bill’s enactment, to assess the impact of blended fuels on the “operation, durability and performance” of recreational and commercial marine engines and vessels, as well as on the safety of their owners and operators. The National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) and other boating industry groups have raised concerns about a recent request by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to raise the ethanol level blended into gasoline from 10 percent to 15 percent. Contact your local Representative to express your opinion.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Whoopee! EVERYBODY get on this Bandwagon! Time for Navgas. Walter
Harv

Post by Harv »

walterk wrote:Whoopee! EVERYBODY get on this Bandwagon! Time for Navgas. Walter
Walt, while you and I have been preaching this to the choir, you and I both know that this will get shoved up our asses anyway.
Harv
In Memory Walter K

Harv- I'm not so sure now. There are more people who are pissed off at what it has done to food prices and environmentalists who have finally come to realize the impact on our rivers and the pesticide runnoff the speedy growth of corn has created, so we might have a chance. No one gives a flying fart about people that own boats, but they're getting pissed off about their lawnmowers, leaf blowers and older cars that the stuff is destroying. They've been blaming it on the age of their items, never thinking it might be created by their fuel which they've always considered just as "gas". This stuff isn't gas...it's dumbass gas...that gets them 10% lower mileage for more money.
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

Harv, you gotta' believe, man!

Keep the faith.
A/K/A El Gaupo
Harv

Post by Harv »

Walt,
While I agree with all you said, our biggest hope is if the treehuggers join our cause. Otherwise, I think big business and corn lobbies will rule the day.
Harv
In Memory Walter K

This is one time the treehuggers are right. I just hope they get vocal. Archer Daniels isn't afraid of them, but the average congressman and senator is. How you can justify a fuel that gets you 10% less mileage is beyond me. What they are making and peddling to us is really "Moonshine" that was sold secretly during Prohibition! There ought to be a liquor tax on it too!
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Today is the last day to have your voice heard. Please go to the link below and fill in the blanks.

http://www.boatus.com/gov/
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!