Here we go!

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Whaler1777

Here we go!

Post by Whaler1777 »

Engines are out as of Tuesday. Picked up the shrink wrap gotta get it on tommorow AM to beat the rain up here... Heres a few pics....

'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
Whaler1777

Post by Whaler1777 »

Also I hope that everyone has a Merry Christmas.. Happy Holidays..

-John
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

John:

Looks like you are going to have some fun--and I do mean fun, I did the same thing myself about seven years ago. Here is a suggestion, and I am not trying to bust your butt or your budget -- get rid of as much of the wood as you can now, and replace with fiberglass/composite. Seven years ago I west systemed a new cockpit -- supports, deck everything. Probably through my own fault (I was new at it) eventually everything started to get water in it and rot.

While the deck is up, you can replace all that wood, get some weight out to the boat and have it done. Dave Kosh bought some premade fiberglass chanel and build some new deck supports, fortunately for me, I now have a buddy who does marine fiberglass work and he made fiberglass/composite i beams to hold up my new composite deck.

Gained 3 inches in the stern of waterline, a whole lot less stuff in the bilge, it is all rotproof, strong as can be, and DONE until I am in the grave -- then it is some one else's problem.

Hope this helps - I have pictures if you want to see them.

Tom
Terry Frank

Post by Terry Frank »

Those engines would look good in the Tub ! Have a Merry Christmas .
Happy to be here. Happy to be anywhere.

Terry