Good day in the DEEP SOUTH

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Harry Babb

Good day in the DEEP SOUTH

Post by Harry Babb »

Well today I went to the river for a while. My daughter and her family was there in their new 2008 Sea Hunt towing my Zodiac.

After a while I left and went back to the shop and worked on DeNada for a while.

To end the day Jo Ann and I sat on the Gazebo....I sipped on JD while she had a wine or two. When the coals got right I put two T-Bones on the grill.
A few minutes later we feasted on T-Bones, Salad and Ford Hook Butter Beans..........and are you ready for this......all for less than 20 Bucks.....she is a good shopper and I am a good cook.

Spring has sprung and is in full swing here in the DEEP SOUTH.

hb
hb
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Awsome! That felt good up here.
BCBertie

Post by BCBertie »

Sounds like heaven...

I miss the South.

Glad you have it to enjoy, Harry.
Carl

Post by Carl »

It's days like that that when you know it's all worth it...

Thanks for sharing.

Carl
Morning Wood

Post by Morning Wood »

Uuuuuummmmmm Goooooood Aunt Bee.
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Having been to your little Fish River paradise Harry, I can visualize it too. Its been a very, very warm winter and spring here in the Deep South. Me & the Bride did about the same thing Sat. nite on our deck over the boathouse at the camp....sipping martinis and eating chips & dip, just watching the world go by, and our hunningbirds buzz us - many of them never migrated this winter, had them around all winter.

I made us a pizza using a pre-made one from Whole Paycheck jazzed up with extra sliced Cabrini mushrooms, Black Forest ham, fresh leaf spinach, anchovies, sliced Mt. Athos green olives, a super duper olive mix from the Progress Grocery in New Orleans, and FIVE (5) kinds of cheese. Pour some extra virgin olive oil on it, then stick it in a 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes till the crust is real crispy and devour it on the deck with a cold Corona. Its been in the mid 80s every day here for a month but there was a nice breeze and the skeeters don't come out til its pitch dark.

UV
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

And tonight, Spring is further reinforced here with a Lightening and Thunder storm......first time I have heard thunder this year.

Spring is very very early this year.

hb
hb
randall

Post by randall »

i keep thinking its absurd here...been on the water all winter but then i talk to my son in minnesota. its been in the high 70's with a few trips into the 80's for the last month. it snowed once all winter.

that sounds great harry....carens in florida so i thawed out some frozen home made turkey chili (chili mix courtesy of Dr Matt) and nuked it.

your's sounds a lot lot better!
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

We have hummers already too. I hope it's not a bad omen for hurricane season........the insurance industry is acting like it will be a bad year. Forecasters have been quiet too.
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Andre wrote: hope it's not a bad omen for hurricane season
Hush yo mouth! ! ! !

That's been on my mind all winter......we needed much more cold weather to cool off the Gulf.....

hb
hb
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Anytime the insurance industry gets nervous, our rates go up.

My vegetables are growing incredible this year due to the warm weather along with the banana trees.
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

A perfect day indeed...nothin better than fish river JD, good food and Harry n Miss Joanne...you mount my drinkin chair yet???BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?