E-Bay B31

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

clay

E-Bay B31

Post by clay »

Saw this on E-Bay, If your looking for a fixer upper 31 it might be worth a look.

31 ft. Bertram Sport Fish

You are bidding on a 1967 Ray Hunt Classic 31 ft. Bertram with twin 210 turbo cummins, Engines have 650 hours. Equiped with a 5 KW. Deisel Wesbeke Generator with 40 hours. I am the Second owner of this vessel.The boat went down in a slip on the De. river, due to a cracked hose. Was recovered within 10 hrs. This is fresh water, the fuel tank was pumped, all fluids were drained , turbos cleaned , fluids replaced several times and engines turned over numerous times. Per my deisel tech. the motors are ready for the injectors to be installed , needs 2 new batteries and the starters need to be rebuilt. It will take approximately $2000.00 to have the boat sea worthy. It has new bertram deck floor which needs 4 new hatch covers. Cushions are 2 years new. New outriggers.Comes with life raft which is expired so will need to be repacked. Has a $2000.00 inverter.
Doug Crowther

Post by Doug Crowther »

Seems like a deal. Boat would probably have to be rewired amongst other things. Spoke with the Vp of Bertram @ the Lauderdale boat show, that bought the Va Dept of Nat. resources boat at auction for 24k. He got a basically a shell for 24k. This boat represents a steal @ its current price of 12k.
steve miller

Post by steve miller »

Wow!
A deal indeed, if the reserve isn't too much higher. Then again, it's probably an excellent deal at three times that.
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

If you want to start your own artifical reef program..
reminds me of a joke a the smartest person I know(no, not cappy) has told on several occasions(mainly bert 31 get togethers at various location)
After looking at all the 31's lined up at the dock I was asked what did I think about all the 31's and I was forced to reply that it looked like a small but significant start of a artificial reef program. Maybe on the bottom they wouldn't be refered to as RLDT's , but who knows
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

speaking of deals, big D, you and stew mail your checks yet???
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

3X? Not hardly.

Engines were turned over by hand, (starters still need rebuilding, injectors out), which really don't do crap other than get some water out the cylinder.

fresh or salt, unless the engine is run started and allowed to heat and burn off the moisture and circulate oil, they already have rust building up inside the engines.

Rebuilt starters are cheap compared to the cost of an engine. They should have been run.

I would look at the engines as rebuild cores or blocks and anything else is a plus.

Don't forget to add the rewire job and all the swelled wood.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

And no pics of the engines!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Dave Kosh R.I.P.

Post by Dave Kosh R.I.P. »

Expect to get a shell only. Only sunken boat I would buy would be a dingy with no motor. After trying to revive two engines that had just a partial submersion to the starters I'll never touch a wet boat again. They have to be run and used under load otherwise like Bruce said rusted cylinder walls and NG with a ton of other problems too. Dave K
Keep Fishing...