Sad day is coming for me also

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JimmyG

Sad day is coming for me also

Post by JimmyG »

:( It looks like I'm going to put the "Fighting Angel" up for sale it rips my heart out when I think of all the blood, sweat, tears and money I have put into her over the years but there comes a time when you have to prioritize i found out a few weeks ago the building i have been leasing for my auto body shop is going up for sale so I'm on borrowed time, I have been looking for a property (seen the righting on the wall) and think I have found one so you have to jump thru hoops in NJ Pinelands, ect so I have to bite the bullet and would rather sell on my terms the a forced hand! So the time has come but with a new expanded business in the future I may get to do it all over again! So I have to get with Capt. Pat to see how to list it and don't be surprized to see a "for sale" sign on her in AC.
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

Jimmy, sorry to hear it. The only real up side to it is at least the next time you can put all your hard work into a better platform. LOL
Good luck on the purchase, of your new location.
thuddddd
Last edited by thuddddddd on Jul 7th, '06, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
dougl33

Re: stuff

Post by dougl33 »

thuddddddd wrote:The only real up side to it is at least the next time you can put all your hard work into a better platform. thuddddd
You're such a jackass. :roll:
Regards,

Doug L.
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

Doug, check the auction site, if you want to see just how big.
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

Though I did see your "tender" comment, I certainly didn't need any more proof as to how big of a jack ass you are.
Regards,

Doug L.
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

JimmyG,

Boy, that's a tough choice but you're of the right frame of mind. Hope you don't have too much trouble selling. The only thing worse than making the decision to sell is then not being able to find a buyer. "Fighting Angel" is a beauty and was done right so at least you've got that going for you.

Let us know when you get the details together.

Thudddd you are what you are, what more can be said....

br,
JohnD
Peter

Post by Peter »

At the risk of sounding a bit crazy...since the market is soft now, and your situation is hopefully temporary...could you charter (lease) "Fighting Angel" to a well qualified individual for a few years? You could always sell her later if it didn't work out...but it might be a bitch buying her back if you decided in two or three years you wanted her.
Peter
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Jimmy,
Sorry to hear that but fully understand from the business aspect.

Good luck on your venture.
bruce
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

First my status as a jackass has never been in question(though my spelling ablity often is). At least I didn't thnk it was, but now with Mr 33 feeling the need to restate it, and JohnD wanting to pig pile on, I'm not so sure, guess I'll have to try harder.

Second, If for some reason I was limited to a RLDT or give up fishing, of the 31's I've been on, the only 2 that would keep me boating would be (I'm sure I can't remember his name correctly) Vincent Terrinova's great express, or Jimmys "Fighting Angel". I was lucky enough to get a ride on Jimmy boat a few years ago, and still use the video as a example of what to do to a 31, if you just have to get one. Fighting Angel is a great boat, and someone is going to be the benificiary of a great resoration, of a RLDT
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Hello Jimmy,
We are all sorry about you selling Fighting Angel. Put a for sale sign her at AC. You never know. Lots of people will stop by just to look at the Bertrams. Maybe someone will have a pocket full of cash.
Good Luck and we all hope you find a way to keep her until you find your next boat.
Charlie
Pnuttuf

Sorry to hear, but....

Post by Pnuttuf »

Sorry to hear you will need to sell, but send me some pics and info. I have a friend who is in the market. my email is patricknutt@aol.com.

Regards,
Patrick
"Time Flies"
ed c.

Post by ed c. »

Jim, good luck, but knowing how you like to get out there, i would bet dollars to donuts you will be back on the water in no time at all. See you at the Poormans.
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

Thanks Guys anyone interested they can e-mail me (jimbob1959@aol.com) i'm putting together a DVD to show off the boat and I'm going to list it on this site. It won't be long until I have another classic!
Ken C

Post by Ken C »

Jimmy, sorry to hear your are selling. I just went through selling my boat. But Im still around here lurking. I feel for you. Ken