snow/mix/rain for the south

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Capt. DQ

snow/mix/rain for the south

Post by Capt. DQ »

Alright Guys, returning the favor is not necessary now, we like it warm & sunny. Al & MS is forecasted for snow and more rain with colder weather for us. Is was 70 and sunny last Sunday offshore marlin fishing. Oh well its December in FL. Tropical storm IDA was just passing a couple of weeks ago, then no name this week and now snow almost on the Gulf Coast. Global warming my ass, where's AL Gore at.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
scot

Post by scot »

We are scheduled for snow in southeast Texas this Friday evening, we'll see? Three snow events in the last 5 years...this global warming stuff is going to freeze us all to death. Personally I like the cold, in moderation of course.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
coolair

Post by coolair »

ya, alittle snow last year, and now this, and it was in the 40s in montanna and the damn snow was starting to melt.
speaking of gore, my buddy read an article, that said all the "reports" on global warming were "exaggerated" and its really not as bad as the say, and surprise surprise, one of the head scientist is al gores buddy.
JeremyD

Post by JeremyD »

http://www.businessandmedia.org/article ... 35822.aspx

"ClimateGate began after someone (hacker or whistleblower) attacked servers of University of East Anglia's Climate Research Unit (CRU) and made thousands of e-mails and documents public. Those e-mails appear to show a conspiracy to falsify temperature data, a willingness to destroy information rather than release it under Freedom of Information (FOI) law and the intimidation of publications willing to publish skeptical articles.

CRU’s director Phil Jones admitted real CRU e-mails had been stolen when he told New Zealand’s Investigate magazine, “It was a hacker. We were aware of this about three or four days ago that someone had hacked into our system and taken and copied loads of data files and emails.” Others argue a whistleblower was responsible for the breach.

One of those alleged e-mails was from Jones to Michael Mann (famous for his hockey stick graph of global warming) and two others appeared to indicate manipulation of scientific data.

Jones wrote: “I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd [Sic] from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline.”

Jones, who contributed to a chapter of the U.N.’s IPCC report, claims the term “trick” was used “colloquially as in a clever thing to do.” Myron Ebell, Director of Global Warming Policy for the Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI), supplied his own view of what Jones and Mann meant by hiding the decline.

Ebell wrote in the National Post: “What is the clever method that Prof. Jones learned from Prof. Mann? I think he is referring to the way Prof. Mann constructed his celebrated hockey stick graph. His proxy records showed flat temperatures for the past 1,000 years, including the past century. But everyone knows that temperatures have gone up rapidly in the past few decades … So what Prof. Mann did was splice the last few decades of surface temperature records onto his proxy record. Voila! – the hockey stick.”

The alleged e-mails were enough to force Jones’ temporary resignation. On Dec. 1, Associated Press reported that Jones is “stepping down pending an investigation into allegations that he overstated the case for man-made climate change.”

but there's money to be made and taxes to be charged...
1977 B31 (315 Cummins) Build thread --->https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-ho ... model.html
2010 Key West Bay Reef | 150 Yamaha
1986 Bertram 28 260 Mercruisers [SOLD]
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/e7f_125985184 ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/e7f_1259851841" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>
Tom

Post by Tom »

Brewster, that's awesome! Snowed here in Houston Dec. 10, 2008 and snowing again today. Last year was the first ever snowfall, now this year will beat that.
Some conservative filmmakers are now calling for the Academy to ask for Gore's Oscar back.
Last edited by Tom on Dec 4th, '09, 11:35, edited 1 time in total.
Viva la Presidente!
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Funny!
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Rain and snow here in Virginia tomorrow. I was fishing in my shirt sleeves yesterday. I'm going goose hunting in the morning!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

09:30 12/04/09 32 °F Calling for a low after midnight of 24 °F....

But the fiberglass is kickin' nicely inside the shop....

scot

Post by scot »

Capt Patrick that beats the crap out of last summer's heat wave! nice.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
JeremyD

Post by JeremyD »

and we are slap dab in the middle of an el nino year - so lots of rain this winter in Floridah

Great video Brewster
1977 B31 (315 Cummins) Build thread --->https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-ho ... model.html
2010 Key West Bay Reef | 150 Yamaha
1986 Bertram 28 260 Mercruisers [SOLD]
nestorpr

Post by nestorpr »

Thank God for El Niño, it usually keeps the hurricanes away! As most people know, the Earth's temperature normally fluctuates from one extreme to the other every 11,000 years or so. We've been living in a time of very mild temperatures and the time for a change was due, about all humans have done is accelerate it a bit due to our impact on the atmosphere and oceans, but not by much. Most respected scientists knew this but they were forced to join the political "Global Warming" bandwagon or be laughed or forced out of their careers by the politicians and the few scientists that supported it. It's amazing what a few misguided people with BIG political backing can do. What the hell, who cares about global warming or cooling when 2012 is just around the corner, help!!!
Last edited by nestorpr on Dec 4th, '09, 15:38, edited 1 time in total.
Looking for my next boat!
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Good one Brew!

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

What is it about population growth that they do not understand? We all breathe in oxygen and breathe out Carbon dioxide. More people, more carbon dioxide. Plants/trees do the reverse. More people, more development, less trees and forests, thus the balance of nature is broken. Rocket science?
coolair

Post by coolair »

that is freaking hilarious!
this is the earliest its ever snowed in houston, not the first time though, neither was last year
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Snowing like the North Pole here in usually sunny Coonassland. We usually get a dusting about once every 10 years, but this is two years in a row, both in early December.

The cause is Global Cooling. Another Ice Age is upon us. If two polar bears fart in unison.....will the sky fall? Or perhaps provide many Green Jobs? Remember the Grosbeak Propulsion System....I might have been ahead of my time.

UV
Tom

Post by Tom »

coolair wrote:that is freaking hilarious!
this is the earliest its ever snowed in houston, not the first time though, neither was last year
Coolair,I meant earliest, not first ever. My daughter and I had a snowball fight, I'm 40, she's 4. I was winning....until....I.... backed....into the pool. BRRRRR!
Viva la Presidente!
coolair

Post by coolair »

Now that is funny! ya i saw few snowmen today, to bad you didnt have your pool heater
Matt