Coonass coastal flooding

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

Coonass coastal flooding

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

There is a coastal flood watch out for coastal Louisiana, including the tidal lakes through Tuesday for tides as much as 3-4 feet above normal. This is due to the normal "spring" high tides and a persistent east wind. TS Ida is predicted to maybe pass east of us, adding to the possible flooding. Coastal La. is just a couple of feet above sea level, so 3-4 feet is a big deal.....3 feet above normal puts a foot of water in the downstairs of my camp, for example.

Anyway, y'all be advised.

UV
RAWicklund

Post by RAWicklund »

The water has been surprisingly high for the last 2 months at my camp (Dularge/Cocodrie area) .

Even with these weak fronts and a good NE wind, the water is staying high.
On the plus side we caught 75 Specks on Thursday even with the wind blowing 15+.

Picked everything up off the dock just in case Ida pushes some water our way.
Might go down to the camp in the morning to 2x check everything before Ida has any effect.

Prepping right now for the Tigers to put a little whup azz on Saben (fingers crossed)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UXVeykygag
In Memory of Vicroy

Me & Andre just returned from the Tickfaw River and picked up stuff at my camp to take some high water and he raised his B31 on his lift all the way so we are good. Likewise the high water here too, but it was not really too bad this morning......but now they are saying Ida will come this way with 50+ kt. wind gusts tomorrow night and Monday and plenty of high water.......and I just put out hi dollar rye grass seed at the camp.....hurry grass, hurry & grow.....

LSU & Ala-bammy zip - zip first quarter, a slug fest. The bookes are giving my LSUs 7 or 8 points, not a good sign?

UV
Tom

Post by Tom »

Had water at the top of the bulkhead this morning. Calling for another 2-3 ft higher tonight. No big deal at my camp in Galveston. Pulled the Bankers 13' whaler, bay boat is high in the sling, and the Capt Morgan will just rise/fall with the tide. What really pisses me off is the thought of saltwater in my fresh post Ike sod yard. Just got yard of the month for October. And I refuse to move the Bankers pot plants. This stuff shouldn't happen after deer season opens. Obama's fault.
Viva la Presidente!
In Memory of Vicroy

Roger that Tomas.....my hi dollar rye grass at the camp is fixing to go down the bayou too. Now they saying 5-6 feet of tide over here if Ida does what they are now predicting, just wallow around east of Port Eads for a day or so.....or go sit on top of Orange Beach/P'cola.

Anyway, I agree it just ain't right.....but how bout dem Ain'ts? 8-0? Who'da thunk it? Must be the latest flurry of public coruption indictments down there that has them running so fast?

UV
Garry

Post by Garry »

Water only about a half of foot above normal here on the east in of Lake Ponchartrain. Fish are biting off the dock. Hooked a nice 20 inch speck last night on my first cast. Fought it to the dock and tried to lift it on 6 lb test ....you know the rest of the story. I lost enough $7 rapalas to have bought a net. Hope this storm is an non event for all.

The Tide is high and so are dem Saints....Who Dat!

Garry
randall

Post by randall »

saints are lookin real good. fun to watch.
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Yep, The Who Dats have got it going on. Looks like we might be able to see some stars tomorrow night if IDA shows us what color dem eyes are. Lets hope she be all talk and thats all. Its gonna push those fish up to the beach and in the bays for sure. Fishing gonna be good. Good Luck to everybody here on the Gulf Coast and hope nobody gets any damage.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Vic,
We have had extraordinarily high tides for the last month on the Chesapeake. Haven't had Dreamsicle in the boat house since October. Thinking about raising the whole house, again. Rawleigh, don't tell.
Looks like Ida is about the extend that for another week up here.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

I just read an article that the whole east coast has had tides running higher than normal the whole summer. It said it had to do with the postions of the sun and moon or something like that. I know that that our lagoon has about a six inch swing in tides but this summer its been running about a foot above normal.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Let's blame it on Global Warming.
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Al Gore has been scuba diving lately. Big head, displacement and all that!

Sorry, Walter started it!
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Carl

Post by Carl »

MarkS wrote:Al Gore has been scuba diving lately. Big head, displacement and all that!

See now I would have thought the sea level would go down once Al Gore opened his big mouth.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Sim

Opening his mouth just makes him displace more water.