Sea Bass closed??

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Carl

Sea Bass closed??

Post by Carl »

Where is this posted??

All I see on the NY Regulations is
Min 12-1/2", Max 25 fish and open all year.

Someone also mentioned something about Blackfish Size being changed, all I found is 14"min with a 4 fish bag limit.
Ironman

Post by Ironman »

we got a size limit on white sea bass 28" and 3 per rod jun 15 thru mar15.. then 1 per
Wayne
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

I got a notice in the mail from the Feds on the closing of the sea bass, probably because I have a Federal Fisheries Permit. I haven't heard about a Blackfish size change but will have to look into it. Nothing left to catch.
Harv

Post by Harv »

walterk wrote:I got a notice in the mail from the Feds on the closing of the sea bass, probably because I have a Federal Fisheries Permit. I haven't heard about a Blackfish size change but will have to look into it. Nothing left to catch.
Same with me.
Harv
Carl

Post by Carl »

So it's only closed if you have a federal permit?? Or is it when you fish 3 miles offshore with the HMS permit.

This is ridiculous...
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

sim
i belive its 3 miles out, and your in federal waters, were screwed unless you can find a reef with in the 3 miles, and the big fish are moving off now
tds8268

Post by tds8268 »

Straight from Gloucester:

Completely closed in Federal Waters north of Cape Hat. Will remain closed for 180 days. Shame when they openly admit their collection data numbers are likely incorrect but they are required to use them. We need State by State catch quotas NOW. Looks like I'll be eating Spam this winter since all my Sea Bass trips have just cancelled. FYI, this closure applies to everyone, not just commercial guys.

Dan
www.finchasersportfishing.com
Carl

Post by Carl »

Thanks.

Funny, I heard about it closing here. Told several people I know who fish for them, some knew others did not. Many knew as hear-say (SP?)

I went to check on Blackfish for Sr. he heard something about a size limit change or new bag limit, I didn't find anything...BUT the State Regualtions show Sea Bass open for NY, gave a quick look about federal regulations and it took awhile but I finally found a place that shows it's closed...you think maybe they would link it someway so people would know, hell that 10 bucks for a fishing licence or 16 bucks for the HMS license, both of which have my email address...you think maybe they would send me a notice about that regulation change...nah let us catch'em and fine us. We should check anyway because it always closes...