Anyone ever hear of this?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory Walter K

Anyone ever hear of this?

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Recently I noticed some slow small fuel bubbles emerging from my #2 injector on my port engine. I assumed I had a leaky injector and asked my mechanic to check it out and change it if necessary. The bubbling seemed to stop after the engine heated up. He called me back and told me it wasn't the injector but I should order a new #2 fuel line from the injector pump to the injector. I did, he changed it, and the bubbling has stopped. He said the fuel line was "deteriorating" and the other five should probably be replaced too. My inspection of the hard tubing fuel line shows no sign of deterioration to ME. Given what they're made of, I have never heard of that kind of problem, although he says it's not uncommon. Anyone ever hear of such a thing? Walter
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Yes.
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

My hard fuel line to one of the injectors cracked were the tube was welded to itself, this caused the same problem you spoke of.There was a very small crack that was not visible. The nut covered it when in operation and it took some time to figure out. This was on a Perkins 165hp.
JC

Post by JC »

I just had that same exact problem. The line broke where its welded .... It happened just after I crossed our inlet!!! I wasnt a very happy custumer...

I am having trouble getting the right part numbers....

You should also check if you dont havy any vibration issues causing premature wear...

JC