outriggers

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Redrum Sportfishing

outriggers

Post by Redrum Sportfishing »

What would you recommend for outriggers, sportfishing in Cabo?

Thanks

PJ
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

28' Lee.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

the overall winner among all the sport fisherman we service at oakdale yacth is rupp tournament series. i am a little bit surprise by the overwelming request for rupp that i have given away at least 6 pair of lee in years gone by. a 45' cabo just removed lee and install rupp last month.we hold them a few months then cut them up and put them in the dumpster.boss man will not alow dumpster diving!due to liability.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
JK

Post by JK »

Rupp is the way to go for sure. If you are specific to Cabo most of the 31 boats down there have short, 15-18' riggers with no spreaders. Much different from here in the NE, I went with 28.5" double spreader Rupp Tournament riggers for my boat due to the type of fishing we do...or did.

--JK
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

RUPP!!!!!
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

possibly to crarify this rash jump to rupp in the last ten years.the lee taper from lets say the first 6' to the next 7' by of a ring fitting .worked years ago but they they got caught "sleeping at the wheel ".rupp went to a tapered extrusion a number of years ago .what can i say they look beautiful. next comes the invention of collapable back legs which drop the riggers to the gunnels for passage under a bridge. most important was the fact you could drop the riggers from the bridge by leaning out and pulling the pins on the otherhand you had to play pirate and walk the gunnels on the high sea and turn the wheel with one hand while holding on for dear life!!!! that was the end for lee even if thay redesigh it`s to late nobody i know wants anything to do with them-------------dumpster!!!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
wmachovina

Post by wmachovina »

Rupp
Bill