Houston Area Boat Show

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

scot

Houston Area Boat Show

Post by scot »

Just ran across this add today, looks good to me. Anyone else planning to attend?

http://www.southwestinternationalboatshow.com/show.html
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Just might make that one... Don't really care about the show itself, but there's a bunch of us within the show vicinity, alot that I've not met yet. If we can coordinate a mini-rendezvous around the show, I'd be inclined to spend the weekend in the Houston area.

Maybe meet at Anita's Mexican Restaurant in Seabrook at noon on Saturday, have lunch, decide on a rendezvous point & time for the evening meal, and spend the afternoon at the show.

We've got a little less than a month to entertain other suggestions, so let'r rip. Who else is in?

Trey, RobC, BrianB, Coolair, JohnCr, Tom, Ernest, GregC, JohnD, DanielM?? There's at least 12 of us by name...

Br,

Patrick
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Thats funny.

Boat shows in this economy.

Pats right, better as a get together point.

Eat, drink and be Mary or would that be a Key West show?
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin

Post by CaptPatrick »

I'd be Mary berfore I'd ever marry again...
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Then it IS a choice
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

There is a good chance that I can make that show.......but I gotta tell ya if Brewster is coming with his Bertram Juice.....I'm outta here......LOL

Harry
hb
Tom

Post by Tom »

Looks good. I don't have anything on the calendar. Hunkering down and selling off assets to pay for the end times party in 2012. If I don't sell my business or my boat, we might even arrange a little fishing. Times they are a changin'.

Might even pursuade the surgeon general to make a little road trip. Heck, if we have a blow before then, I'll have my boat in Southshore Harbor anyway for the rest of the year. Its a great hurricane hole, Ernesto and I both settled in there before Ike a year ago. Might not be Miami, but guaranteed boobs. Both females and brokers alike. Ernesto needs a break. Me thinks he's billing around 100 hours a week.

T Bone Tom's should have some live music and cold beer for dinner. About 4 miles from SS harbor. I've got a camp 20 miles away wi th the inlaws next door. Can definitely sleep 4 or 5 at my place, another 5 or so next door. Or, we could use my parents house in Bolivar, it will sleep around 25 or so. Alternatively, plenty of babushka hovels near South Shore. Some with indoor plumbing.
Viva la Presidente!
scot

Post by scot »

Of course I'm in. I will be looking forward to meeting you guys. Tex-Mex + in water boat show + dinner + totties, and all right here at home. Sounds like fun to me.

Tom...stop talking about hurricanes. There WILL BE NO HURRICANES this year.
Scot
coolair

Post by coolair »

My buddy's boat is gonna be in the show, its for sale. ya no more hurricane talk. i would be in.
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

John and I are in! Keep us posted.

Pam
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

good point harry!!!!!!--------ta-kill-ya
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Hyena Love

Post by Hyena Love »

The Hyena is still over there. I'm not giving up that lucky slip til Halloween.

I'll be around. Can sleep a couple at my place on the NW side of H-Town, but its an hour to the boat and boat show location.

Can throw the a/c on the boat and sleep a couple there, but that like camping out, really. I was figuring I could pass out there if things get out of hand.
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Capt Pat, Sounds like a plan. I’m in.
Looking forward to meeting folks.
Daniel
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

I talked to Brian Barragy and he was unable to post to the board for what ever reason. He wanted everyone to know that he and Lisa will be attending the gathering as long as they are in town. He is busy working on several boats at once....I do not know how he does it...one boat is pain enough.

John
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin

Post by CaptPatrick »

Looks like I may have a scheduling conflict that weekend and may not attend after all......
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
scot

Post by scot »

So what's the plan guys?

I liked the Capt's idea...Anita's Mexican Restaurant in Seabrook and then spend the afternoon at the show. Sounds good to me, 11:30?
Scot
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Capt. Pat
Too bad about the scheduling conflict, was looking forward to meeting you. I’ll just have to make a run out west someday.

Scot
I’m still in if you want to meet up. I’m open all day, Anita’s for lunch works for me.
DanielM
Hyena Love

Post by Hyena Love »

I will be around. Will try to make Anita's. To find you in Anita's, I will scream out "Bayliner" and the confirming response is "Bubble Boat."

If we don't hook up for lunch, Lil Bert is parked about half way down pier 11 (I think, almost sure). It says "Lil Bert" on the back. White/white with the Bert Black/Gold stripe. 1/2 tower with outriggers. Sticker says "Deckhands work for tips" on the back glass. Think arse dragging, butt ugly hyena boat, and you can't miss it.

The boat show is on something like piers 14 -16 or so. Thus, the Hyena is close to the action. I'll bring a cooler that you guys can use for beer and whatnot to avoid that boatshow pricing. Bring your own beer.

My cell is 832-563-3632.
scot

Post by scot »

Great, Let's meet at San Lorenzo's Mexican resturant at 12:00 and meet up with Trey & John. I'll have a Bertram hat on....and WILL NOT RESPONSE to someone screaming "Bayliner"

Looking forwarding to it.
Scot
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Scot, it was good to meet you, glad you came over. John & Brian, enjoyed seeing you & your respective better halves. It was good to see you again.

Capt Pat, thanks again for the work you put in on your website, it’s a pretty cool place. We had about 10 or 11 folks enjoying lunch & the boat show. Missed you today but hopefully we’ll catch you next time you make it to Houston.

DanielM
scot

Post by scot »

It was a lot of fun, good to meet all you guys and your wives (better halfs). I look forward to fishing & boating together in the future. One of these days all our boats will be up & running at the same time lol.

Once the project floats I will take you guys up on some time in Freeport, I have always wanted to fish that area.

Ernest we came by the Lil Bert, you were nowhere to be found, we'll catch up to you next time.
Scot
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin

Post by CaptPatrick »

Sorry I had to be an absentee, but good to hear that a respectable number of you were able to hook up and enjoy the day. Da' Judge called yesterday and said he'd managed to break free and in the vacinity of the show. Don't know if he tracked any of you down...
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Pam and I had a great time...I think...from what I can remember of it. Scott, It was great finally getting to meet you...you're welcome anytime at our place in Freeport...caught 7 more decent specks and 1 nice flounder around our green lights last night.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

What was the atmosphere at the show business wise?
Hyena Love

Post by Hyena Love »

Yeah, I was at Anita's at 11:30. Didn't see you guys, so I had lunch, then went to the boat. Did some minor projects and was done around 2:45 or so.

Next time we will hook up.