UVI 7

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

UVI 7

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

I will agian host the UVI - the 7th edition - in Panama at the Tropic Star Lodge in 2007. Conditions in Louisiana are not right yet to resume here.

Dates are fly to Panama City (PTY) on Friday, June 22, overnight at the fancy hotel there, then fly to the lodge on Sat. the 23d. Fish Sunday thru Friday, return to Panama City on Sat, overnight again in Panama City, then fly back to te US on Sunday, July 1. Figure about 6 K for the trip. Lodge is about 4K, local air about 400, bar tab and fishing crew tips at the lodge another 500, and your airfare to and from PTY.

I have 24 slots reserved with TSL, fishing 3 to a boat, same as last June. Right now I have about 17 slots called for. The remaining slots will be first offered to The Faithful here, but remember, its an Invitational, and I give the invites, so if you want to go, email me and explain why you are worthy of joining this elite group of Faithful.

It is indeed the trip of a lifetime, first class all the way. It's one of those places you have always heard about as a class place, but when you arrive, it totally blows you away with the service and attention to detail. And their fleet of 15 Bertram 31s are just a sight to see. I will need money, say a grand deposit, from everyone (some are already in) by about the end of October, then about half by Christmas, and the rest in the spring.

Anyway, I'm about to put together the UVI 7 email list, and need to know who among the "maybes" are in and who else wants to fill the remaining slots.

Yes, I will win, but who will vie for second?

UV
Hyena Love

No Response

Post by Hyena Love »

What? No response?

Nevertheless, I would encourage those that can accept third place to consider the event.

Great time was had by all. Great food, fishing, and friends. Personally, I can't wait for next year.

Its a trip of a lifetime.

Thanks Uncle Vic for putting this together again.
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Even the first UVI which I was lucky to be part of was really a great time of the first gathering of the faithful. Great food, Fishing & Clears & Especially
the Friendships that were started. Thanks UV for that!

I still have my UVI 1 Shirt & thanks to Mike O for that, that Hurricane Ivan didn't take away with him. I will have it with me for the flophouse in Oct. this year, on the Whiskey Deck! as Bruce put so nicely.

I have not been able to make to it for the UVI'S II-VI since, but have always been in touch thru this website and Thanks to Capt. Patrick for this site (BERTRAM31.COM). NO other website has a following & group of VERY HELPFUL PEOPLE as this one does!

(FUJIMO) TO THE BEST BOAT EVER BUILT! BERTRAM 31

GOOD LUCK TO ALL FOR UVI/VII for Second Place & So On!

R,
DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

I don't know how many "trips of a lifetime" one man should have!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

If you believe as Shirley McClain does there are multiple life times.
So multiple lifetime experiences are needed.

What women doesn't like Steel Magnolias or Terms of Endearment.
At least that's what you tell the wife.
Whaler1777

Post by Whaler1777 »

someday...
Matt Holcomb

UVI 7

Post by Matt Holcomb »

UV, I am greatly anticipating another trip to the TSL. Not only for the fellowship, the food, the fishing, but most certainly for another chance to beat Team Hyena in a fishing tournament. Let me know when to send the cash. Matt Holcomb, Surgeon General fo the UVI
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

As well as being El Presidente's personal doctor, and the minister of health for the small country Hillary is giving Billy as compensation for all the legal advice he's given her over the years(starting with pork belly's and ending with her big fat ass)
In Memory of Vicroy

Mack - gimme a call 800 260 9908 or VLR@RKKDLAW.COM

UV
Mack

Post by Mack »

UV-
Been a busy week and I need to catch up with you. Just sent you an email about an hour ago. I will try to give you a call in your office while I am on the road tomorrow.

Count me in.
In Memory of Vicroy

Mack, just shot you an email back, you are in. C'on you other guys, DQ, etc, I have some spots open still. Shrimp Pimp, tried to call you today, the bare breasted Native Panamanian women are calling all the time about you. "He never writes (they can't read) he never calls (no phones) and we want the Shrimp Pimp back in Pinas Bay". Rawleigh, I'm tired of being your answering machine, you gonna go back.

UV