UVI 7

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

UVI 7

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

I've reserved 24 slots and 8 boats at TSL for June 23-30, 2007. Fly to PTY Friday June 22 and fly back to the US on Sunday, July 1. Got the confirmation today and the price has increased about 10% for 2007. Don't have it in front of me, but instead of the 3695 this year, its now 4095 and the 350 local transport is now 400. Don't know if the new prices include the fuel surcharge we paid this year, but will check.

Airfare to and from PTY is not included, nor is the night at the hotel in PTY on each end, nor the tips for boat crews. Good news is the "organizer discount" that was 1800 this year is up to over two grand, which I'll chip in, so maybe the initial bar tab will last more than 32 hours.......

The UVI remains an invitational tournament and I alone issue the invites. Several of the Faithful who could not make UVI 6 have already contacted me about going next year. The proper protocol is to email me either at home, royvictor@cox.net or at the office, VLR@RKKDLAW.COM (or both is best) and plead your case of why you think you are worthy to attend this esteemed event on your own nickel. Or if you think your oral skills are better than your written ones, call me on my nickel at the office, 800 260 9908.

I enjoyed the hell out of the Tropic Star. The entire experience was first class in every way, and having all you guys, my best friends, along for the ride made it the best fishing experience of my life, in spades. I can't fish AJ for six days for the price of admission at TSL. As Randall said about a thousand times down there: "This Does Not Suck".

I have to plunk down a deposit in about two weeks, so your expression of interest will need to be accompanied by a check for a grand......

As the TSL website now officiallly confirms,

the VERY famous,

UV
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

I don't know about that 32 hours, Vic. I'll be able to drink next year.....
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Terry Frank

Post by Terry Frank »

UV,

Check your email.

Terry
thuddddddd

UVI7

Post by thuddddddd »

Deadman walking, I've seen you when you were drinking...... UV's tab doesn't have much to fear. It's all about the quantity , not a length of time standing thing. Having said that, I personally didn't do much to the bill this year. Had to have the banner carried by the other hatt guy, whom out of respect for the viking guy, I won't mention. BUT the little hint I can give you is " oh Re shard dose pitchers of margireta's portavor"
Tom

Post by Tom »

Timmy, I don't know how you do it, but you even butcher the fine spanish language with your typing skills. Looks like yankee spanglish. By the way, Richard made the finest margaritas I've ever had in Panama this year. Thanks to the Viking guy and his miracle drugs, hangovers are a thing of the past.-Tom
Viva la Presidente!
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

While I admit my spanish skills are none existant(probably need to work on that once el presidente takes office, or we make American the official language of the world, which I'm ok with) what I wrote is pretty much how you were slurring it, 3-4 pitchers into the evening, or pre-dinner, which ever was first....

Thuddddddddd
Last edited by thuddddddd on Jul 7th, '06, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.
Doug Crowther

Post by Doug Crowther »

SO Timmy does this mean you have turned over a new leaf ? You didn't get hammered @ Hudson Farm either @ The Mike Ohlstein Invitational this winter. Hey on a serious note you still coming to AC this month ?
Doug
Matt Holcomb

Post by Matt Holcomb »

I didn't realize that I received any respect, especially from Thuddd.......Matt
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

Doug, Not going to make it. Detail stuff. Told Charlie to give my slip away. Grab me a t-shrit though, running out of all the UVI one's I've been using as oil rags.

Matt, got nothin but love and respect for you. Heck I've even nominated you to be the minister of health and breast sizing in el presidente new country. The one Hillary is going to give him, after she buys her way into the white house
In Memory of Vicroy

Kicking this back up to the top. The committment will have to be made in about a week or give the unused slots away. Got about half filled right now.......

UV, the very famous
In Memory of Vicroy

UVI 7 costs: 4050 for the week and the local transportation is 400. Bonnie says she thinks the fuel surcharge is included in the price next year. Still have some spots open, all I need right now is a "honest maybe" to hold your spot for a while.

UV
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

UV,

Put me down as an "honest maybe"...

Br,

Patrick
In Memory of Vicroy

Ole Fart, you are now on the list, the only guy that does not have to grovel for an invite. Got some good grovelling today, all passed muster. It is the trip of a lifetime. Yes, we have to now reserve a year in advance for a large group. Amazing demand for this place, but it's worth it big time.

We all gonna wake up dead one morning. You live, you die, but did you ever fish the UVI at the Tropic Star?

UV
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Vic-An honest maybe here if you'll have me...and at least one new hip...if not two. Walter
In Memory of Vicroy

Walter - sure thing, you are in.

Getting ready to head for N.O. to inspect AJ. Yard called last night and she will splash tomorrow and should be ready to come home Thursday or Friday.

UV