Window frame track

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

badfish34

Window frame track

Post by badfish34 »

I have a 1977 30' Chris Craft Tournament SF (I know, Not a Bertam 31, but simular in a lot of ways).

I am in the process of removing the aluminum window frames cleaning them up and reinstalling them so they wont leak any more. I would like to replace the plastic track inside the frames. Does anyone know where I can get this track? Attached is a picture of it. It has three channels, two for glass and one for a screen. It is 1 1/4" wide. Any help would be appreciated, I really dont want to get in to replacing the entire window frames.

DanielM

Post by DanielM »

I have a 75 CC 30’ TSF. When I redid my windows I had one vertical piece missing. I looked for quite some time and could not find a similar track. I had a friend suggest getting a piece of starboard and using a router to cut out slots for the glass. I haven’t given that a try but it seemed like a workable solution if most of the track is in reasonably good shape. If you find a source I’d appreciate it if you let me know. Good luck with the boat.

DanielM
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

The only way to stop the windows from leaking is to glass them over. Don't get too upset if they do. You might want to call American Marine 305-782-1400 and talk to them about what you're looking for. I replaced some windows and frames with them in years past and found them very helpful and professional. They know their Bertrams. Walter
Carl

Post by Carl »

badfish34

Post by badfish34 »

Thanks for the help.

The Tacomarine products wont fit into my frames.

Walterk, I called the number for American Marine and it was disconnected. I will have to do a Google search for them, hopefully they are not out of business.

Anyway, I am still looking if any one has any more ideas. I have a few people sending me some samples to try so hopefully on will work.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Try 305-634-6119