Hand Guns

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Chris Frank L.D.S.

Hand Guns

Post by Chris Frank L.D.S. »

Anyone have any thoughts on Para Ordinance 18.9??? I'm thinking about purchasing one, gun looks good but I would like to hear what ya'll have to say.
nestorpr

Post by nestorpr »

I don't have first hand experience with Para guns but try AR15.com in the handgun section, you might find some good info there.
Looking for my next boat!
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Chris,

I own a Para Ordinance P14-45, (12.45)... Double stack magazine, and designed on the same lines as the venerable Colt 1911 .45 cal auto loader.

I've used the gun for both practical & competition shooting and never had a jamb, (I ported & polished the feed ramp), miss-fire, or other malfunction. I like the gun a lot, a bit heavy & large as a carry weapon, but it does a very authoritative job.

Strictly a personal preference, but I would rather have the fewer rounds with more stopping power than more rounds & a projectile that is moving so fast it cauterizes the wound as it passes through to possibly hit innocent bystanders in the back ground. Just never became a fan of the 9mm.

Br,

Patrick
Skipper Dick

Post by Skipper Dick »

They made a special handgun for Pararescue with the Pararescue logo on the handle. I didn't get one because I already have a small arsenal, but the guys that bought one swear by them.

Dick
1983 Bertram 28 FBC w/300 Merc Horizon
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Chris,

For more in depth reading on Para Ordinance, see: Para-Ordnance 1911 Forum.

Br,

Patrick
Chris Frank L.D.S.

Post by Chris Frank L.D.S. »

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm picking up the gun today. Next time around I'm going for the preference of many, "Stopping Power"