Disabled 31

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

craig mac

Disabled 31

Post by craig mac »

I was fishing at the Dip yesterday--I heard on the radio that there was a disabled 31 in The Hudson---was not able to hear first part of the name, but second part was Lions--he lost both transmissions---does anybody know about this?
Dug

Post by Dug »

I didn't hear anything and was fishing that area yesterday. We left around 11 am to head home on the long rough slog as it was pretty bumpy.

We did ok, taking 4 yellowfin, 5 mahi and 2 bonito. One of the mahi inhaled a mackerel for a shark rig at 3:30 am, and we ended up with one of the biggest bull mahi I have ever seen. A solid 4 feet long...
We caught the fish about 5-6 miles southwest of the Dip, in 1300-2000 feet of water that was around 78 degrees. Nice...

We did see Papajohn, which was the spiffy bahia mar with the powder blue hull and marlin tower that was at Newport two years ago. No word on a disabled boat however. For usit was a great day, but it was bumpy on the ride home.

Dug
Jack

Post by Jack »

I didn't hear anything either. We were fishing the Hudson yesterday from the 100 square down the east wall. We pulled lines about 9:30, so I guess it could have happened afterwards. Had 1 swordfish, 4 yellowfin, 1 longfin and about 9-10 mahi.
unabashed hyena lover
craig mac

Post by craig mac »

we had a bust at the dip--3 skipjack---92 miles frome Jones Inlet---good water--about 5 boats working the area---actually couple miles west of the dip---another boat from my area--Mikey Likes It-(50foot Henriquees) was in contact with the vessel trying to get the coast guard in touch with them--about 8:30 am--channel 68
goldfish74

Post by goldfish74 »

Hey Dug
Where do you keep your boat? The dip seems like a long way to go from Mass.
We had a great bite last weekend in the deep of the hudson (3600') and ended up with 17 nice yellows. Left em biting in the AM on the troll and had a very fat blue around but couldn't interest him. That water is gone, but it looks like a new body has moved in. My next door neighbor was out sunday but I have not spoken to him yet.
Jeff
Dug

Post by Dug »

Jeff,

The boat is in Mystic, CT.

Good to hear from ya again!

D