Montauk!

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Dug

Montauk!

Post by Dug »

I have to say that despite the smaller size of this years gathering, Montauk was a great get together. Every time I go to one of our get togethers, whether it be Lauderdale, or a NE rendezvous, I am reminded of just how amazing this group of people are.

I know it was said on Saturday night, Patrick, thank you.

Reconnecting with the likes of the Ward family, Pagano's, Franzoni's, Millians, Mitch and Kristin, Hodgsons, and seeing Randall, Mike O., Thudd (who really is a great guy! Oh, I did'nt actually say that...) Walter and his lovely wife, the famous El Guapo, Harv, Bob Lico, Harry Babb and his wife, and Whaler, Charlie Johnson and his daughter Meghan, as well as meeting a whole host of new people like Brewster (you are amazing man...) was just as fun as always, and really never loses its fascination.

Montauk was great. Many sights to be seen, such as Billy Joel's custom commuter boat, and of course a whole bunch of Bertrams! Thank you all for being my friends, and Neil and Brewster for putting it together this year. Tom, the shirts were great, and I am sorry I left without catching you guys to say good bye. I hope your week is fantastic!

Only downer is I seem to have demolished my right shoulder unloading the boat by my self. Funny, I unloaded the worlds largest cooler, into a smaller one to prevent myself from hurting something, and it happened anyway... I will go to the doctor today, and fully expect to hear that I have a torn rotator cuff or something...

But the boat ran great, the weather was awesome, and seeing all of you at the get together was the best part of all.

I give it two thumbs up!

Dug
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Hey Dug
Sounds like Montauk was a lot of fun..........You mentioned my name in the list of attendees and I am sorry to say that I was not there........Hopefully I will make one of our events soon.

Harry Babb

Reconnecting with the likes of the Ward family, Pagano's, Franzoni's, Millians, Mitch and Kristin, Hodgsons, and seeing Randall, Mike O., Thudd (who really is a great guy! Oh, I did'nt actually say that...) Walter and his lovely wife, the famous El Guapo, Harv, Bob Lico, Harry Babb and his wife
hb
Dug

Post by Dug »

Harry,

You are right. I mixed you up. Now if I could only figure out who I meant!

I need email addresses for the following people to send some pictures along:

Jeff Pagano
Dick Dean
Brewster Minton
Ed Millian

If you don't mind, send the best email address to send pictures to me at bertraman@yahoo.com

Thanks!

D
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

Doug, please don't send the pics to my Las Vegas office, but rather to New York ... dick-dean@excite.com

And thanks to all that helped me on and off the irish Wake in my times of distress.
A/K/A El Gaupo
Dug

Post by Dug »

Phew! Got it!

Not Harry Babb, but Harry Woods! I got the Harry part. Sorry to the both of you!

Dug
Raybo Marine NY

Post by Raybo Marine NY »

no one has any pictures?
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

Hey Doug If you want I can setup a photo album then everyone can see them and it doesn't need anyone to sign up!!!!!
email is 34hatt@optonline.net

So I want to say Chris and I had a nice time and it was nice too meet all of you. Great group of guys just can't figure out WHY you hang around with Thudddd. Unless you want him to drink all of the grey goose in the freezer because he is really good at that. I have the empty bottle too prove it.
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

It was 3/4 gone when the cute lady serving me drinks dug it out of the freezer. Probably a old left over from some hatt gathering.
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

thuddddddd wrote:It was 3/4 gone when the cute lady serving me drinks dug it out of the freezer. Probably a old left over from some hatt gathering.
Close you mean 3/4 full...Guess that's why you called her your Bar wench!!!
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
Dug

Post by Dug »

Dan,

I think I flooded ya! Much appreciated!!!!

Dug
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

Dug wrote:Dan,

I think I flooded ya! Much appreciated!!!!

Dug
Ok its done http://www.ajxne.com/montauk_07/
3 pages to it 38 photo from Dug you can click on them to see the bigger size and the right click to to save as if you wish!
Enjoy
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

pics look great dan, nice to meet you sorry i didnt have more time to bs with you. but iam sure timmy made up for it.
Dug

Post by Dug »

Dan,

I echo what Charlie said! Any other shots, send them to Dan!

It was a great weekend. I am bummed that I didn't get more pictures...

Dug
neil

Post by neil »

After eight and a half days we made it home. We hade a great time in our travels. But when we came out the Verranzo Brige we found 10 to 12 foot seas and it was in our face YA!!!! Thank god we were in a Bertram!!
Neil Franzoni