31 project update/question

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

CappelloVince717

31 project update/question

Post by CappelloVince717 »

I have a 73 31 bertram I’m restoring. I fiberglassed the front windshield in and that project is almost done. I wrapped the boat for the winter so I can focus on the cabin. I have every bulkhead out. This week I’m going to redo the V Birth supports they are rotten. My question is I would like to do any bulkhead below the bildge in Coosa board. The front one that divide the v birth from main cabin I’m just going to use marine 3/4 the back ones that divide the engines Coosa. I can only find 1/2 Coosa at Barnegat light fiberglass. I was going to use 2 1/2 pieces laminated together equaling 1 inch. Any inlut would be great. Also for the skeleton of the cabin floor what wood are guys using I was going to use red oak but I’m open to suggestions. Thanks in advance sorry for any typos
bob lico

Re: 31 project update/question

Post by bob lico »

i use a local distributor Dyna-Grout he is located in Deer Park, NY. he has 1/4,1/2,3/4, and 1 inch. i could find the phone number if you are interested he does not ship.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Snipe

Post by Snipe »

Vince on my cockpit rebuild I have only used coosa I have laminated it together with good results. I am planning on using it in the cabin as well for as much as I can. I bought mine from Donovan marine only bad part if it is not in stock there is a ten sheet minimum. One day I will put a post up on here with pictures.
Jason
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Vince

I will see if I can find the invoice from when I d is mine back in 2008. I used 3/4 and had it shipped to me since I could not find it in NJ back then. I had ordered a 4x10 piece so we could use one piece.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
CamB25

Post by CamB25 »

Do these bulkheads carry any structural loads? If not, the Coosa is probably overkill. Divinycell is readily available, cheaper and easy to work with. http://www.diabgroup.com/en-GB/Products ... vinycell-H

Cam
1963 Bertram 25
1973 Boston Whaler 13 - sold!
1998 Scout 172 SF - beach taxi
Raybo Marine NY

Post by Raybo Marine NY »

Mesco/seacoast stock it and deliver in NJ. Check a local repair,marina,or Marine supply store if they can get it in for you. No shipping and you won’t have too drive far
I don’t have a Kellogg/land and sea boook here at home they may stock it too.

Personally If I had no local source I would rather pay freight then make a round trip from NJ to LI between fuel,tolls and traffic just not worth it. I’m sure a local shop can get it for you
Carl

Post by Carl »

I deal with Mesco if you want to come to Staten Island.