A.C. Rendezvous

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Mikey

A.C. Rendezvous

Post by Mikey »

My first rendezvous since '96. What a hoot. Charlie, nice job! Good group and lots of fun. Harv, thanks for the lobsters. Doc, I know there was something I was going to email you about and due to the clears I can't for the life of me remember what it was, do you? Your bride is a fabulous lady, you lucky dog.
Richard Kidd showed from Miami, it was nice to finally put a face with his sparkling personality. What a treasure for us Bertram and us. Thanks for coming, Richard.
To all the guys with 6BTA's, thanks for letting me crawl all over your boats. I think I have it now.
As soon as Dreamsicle splashes I want to honcho I rendezvous in Irvington, VA (the Middle Bay). In '96 I helped with a Bertram show at the Tides. Perfect venue and most gracious host. Maybe next year.
Off to the yard to affect that splash.
Mikey
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
Mack

Post by Mack »

Agreed. Nice job once again Charlie.

Mikey- Sorry that I did not get to meet you in AC. I would certainly be up for a mid-chesapeake gathering next year. Would definitely have to bring the boat from Annapolis.

Cheers
Mack
Mack

Post by Mack »

Almost forgot-

John D.- Thanks for the crash spot in the salon Sat. night...much appreciated. Looks like you may have had a nice ride home
Doug Crowther

Post by Doug Crowther »

Mikey good to have finally met you. Charlie another classic rendezvous. Looking at Jk's Sea Nile made me drool. Seeing a for sale sign on Jimmy G's Fighting Angel (knowing that he fishes the boat offshore every weekend-one of the most avid fisherman you could ever meet) sucked.
This year was by far the largest gathering of B35's I have ever seen. Its was good to see the jovial Capts from Ny Harv and Dick. Thanks again to the Dunkers for putting me up on the B35. I rode back to Baltimore with John on the B35 Lady D at a comfortable 20knts. Next time someone says they would be happy with 20 knts, I'll have a very opinionated perspective. I can't imagine what Timmy's Hatt must feel like straining to do 17 knts and I don't want to try. A great weekend- even Donald Trump's food was very good (3 roast pigs and untold lobsters- Harv had three).
It seemed poetic justice that Charlie won the jacket with the rendezvous logo embroidered on it.
Thanks again Charlie for another great event.
Doug
John F.

Post by John F. »

Charlie did a great job putting AC together once again. Nice folks, nice boats, nice everything. Sea-Nile looked great, and Tom's new Rumrunner is pretty amazing. It was great to meet Mikey, and Mike of Lightning Shack, Sean of B33 fame, and to see all the usual suspects like Harv, Dick, Doc, Tom, Bruce as well as others. Definitely my favorite boat show. Thanks again to John and Melinda for putting us mid-Bay guys up Saturday night. Jimmy G's boat is going to make someone very happy. Mikey, if you put it together, the Anna E. will make the trip. From looking at the Tide's, I think I could even talk my wife into it.

Again, thanks Charlie for all your hard work in putting the AC event together. Outstanding.

John F.
Harv

Post by Harv »

A great gathering indeed. Timing is everything. Left on Thurs with The Irish Wake and Capt. Dick Dean. While the seas were not perfect, it was on our tails the whole ride down. Dick will profess that it was the worst seas he has ever been in. (Those waves must have grown to 20 feet by now). The ride home on Sunday was calm and also on our tails.

While it is true as Doug said, I did indeed have 3 lobsters. But I like most others, ate 2 at the dinner, and smuggled one out to take home for my other half.

Whether the fix was in or not remains to be seen, but I can't think of a more fitting recipient for the embroidered jacket than our very own host and MC.....Charlie Haws. For those that arrived on Friday, may I say that after arriving this year on Thursday, that this is the way to go. An extra day, a more relaxed atmosphere, and a totally unrushed feeling. Maybe we should expand the format.....maybe a Betrram week???

Anyway, already putting the pennies aside for next year's event....only 361 days to go .
Harv
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

Thank you Charlie, an event is as good as the person running it and both were top notch!
craig mac

Pictures

Post by craig mac »

any chance for someone to post some pics?
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

At last there will be a Rendezvous that even I can make!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
chris pague

AC

Post by chris pague »

Rawleigh, It will be my luck to have another flat tire? You know what I mean.
Mikey I should have gone with you.
Harv

Re: Pictures

Post by Harv »

craig mac wrote:any chance for someone to post some pics?
Pics should be on the rendezvous site soon. I just sent mine to Tom Ward and they should be up as soon as he gets the chance to post them.
Harv