Any members in the Space Coast?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

nestorpr

Any members in the Space Coast?

Post by nestorpr »

I just moved to Melbourne from Miami and would like to meet any sandbox members who live here!
Looking for my next boat!
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Re: Any members in the Space Coast?

Post by CaptPatrick »

Sean B is in Melbourne... Drop him a line: http://bertram31.com/newbb/memberlist.p ... file&u=104
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Welcome to the Space Coast...

I live in Melbourne but keep my boat on a lift in Fort Pierce. You'll find that if you're on the Space Coast you're stuck with Canaveral or Sebastian as your inlets. Canaveral is safe, but a big commercial port and you're about 30 +/- miles from the Gulf Stream. If you keep your boat north and behind the locks, it takes a long time to get out. Sebastian Inlet is nice, but can get hairy at times when the wind is kicked up and tide is rolling out... not for the fait of heart. The stream is about 25 +/- miles out from there. Also, the choices of where to keep a boat near Sebastian are slim. Melbourne is ~20 NM away from either inlet... 40 NM round trip just to get to an inlet and then another 20-30 miles to blue water is 100 NM round trip before you wet a line. As a result, I moved the boat to Ft Pierce and am 4 NM from the inlet and the stream is typically 15-17 NM out... 40 NM round trip... and I'm on a lift.

I bring the boat up to Melbourne from time-to-time and will tie up in the Melbourne Harbor for a couple of days. Might do it over Christmas if the weather is cooperative.

While I have never met Sean, he keeps his boat is in the Melbourne Harbor behind Ichabod's Dockside restaurant. There a a couple of Bertrams next to each other on that dock. There's a B28 near the mouth of the harbor next to the Chart House.

Tooez just moved down from up north and hails out of Stuart now... about 30 miles south of where I keep my boat.

If you need anything locally, please shoot me an IM or post on the board. Happy to help.

Paul J
1973 - B28 PALADIN
h2ojetga

Post by h2ojetga »

I recently purchased a 1979 B28 "First Light" currently in a slip in the Eau Gallie Yacht Basin in Melbourne (mostly sailboats but the price is right). I logged on to create a new topic but this one seems relevant to my question. The boat I purchased has been heavily modified over the years and does not follow the owners manual description in many areas. Is there anyone on the Space Coast with a B28 that still has factory pressurized water, shower sump, hot water heater etc that wouldn't mind me looking at their boat and taking a few cell phone pics of those things?

Maybe this boat did not include those things from the factory? The only drain I see is aft in the cabin sole.

Thanks
David
1979 28 FBC
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

David,
Are you at Telemar?

My B28 is stock as far as the cabin sole is concerned. Drains forward and aft inside the main cabin sole. Drain in the head, no sump on my boat. I had a 5gal hw heater on port side shelf between hull and engine. However I removed the hw heater 5 yrs ago and installed a Eemax instant hw heater - works ok and makes the water Luke warm.

PaulJ
1973 - B28 PALADIN
h2ojetga

Post by h2ojetga »

Thanks Paul. No this is where I'm at.....

http://www.eaugallieyachtbasin.com
1979 28 FBC
STraenkle

Post by STraenkle »

You guys should contact Sean. He keeps his 33 SF, Island Time, right there in Melbourne Harbor right in front of Ichabod's, on the same dock as the fuel. He lives about a 1/2 mile up Melbourne ave there. Knew him in College. Smart guy and will help in any way. However if you think guns should be kept away from citizens and Hilary should decide how your kids are raised, he may not buy the drinks at the end of the day.
Scott Traenkle
Tooeez

Post by Tooeez »

David:
I bought my 1979 28 from the original owner in 1987, so I know how it was set up from the factory. Mine had no pressure water (hand pumps on both sinks), no shower or hot water. I have done lots of modifications and upgrades, but the layout is still stock. I'm in Stuart, you're welcome to have a look anytime if you are in the area.

Bill