Big Blue Marlin at Baypoint Panama City, FL

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Capt. DQ

Big Blue Marlin at Baypoint Panama City, FL

Post by Capt. DQ »

This pass weekend the Billfish Tourney at Panama City, FL the Baypoint Invitational was pretty awesome for fishing the Gulf of Mexico.

Which most of the boats all fish the waters South of Pensacola, Destin and the rigs south of Pensacola the Ram Powell & Beer Can Rig and others.

The largest Blue Marlin 998# 1st place on the SEA WOLF out of Destin.
First place WAHOO 96.2#
First place Dolphin 51.0#
First place Tuna 178#

The Top Tag & Release Boat was out of Pensacola the Dataman with 2-Blues/ 3-Whites/ 2-Swords and 3rd place Dolphin.
The wild thing was about 90 Billfish were Tagged & Released for 2-Days of fishing, the Gulf was on Fire!!

DQ
Pnuttuf

Interesting fact

Post by Pnuttuf »

The boat that caught that near grander just happens to be the same boat that broke the Fl state record in 2001 with a 1046lb. Blue, in the same baypoint tournament no less. I guess if you're gonna catch a big one, make it count and do it in the high $$$$ baypoint. The Sea Wolf is a G&S now, but they used to have a 50 bertram, so I still cheer for them.
Capt. DQ

Re: Interesting fact

Post by Capt. DQ »

Capt. DQ wrote: I think Capt. Dennis Barrett is still running the boat that was there in 2001. Capt. Patrick also knows Dennis.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Doug,

Dennis finally got fed up with Gary's BS and total servitude for beans and quit the Sea Wolff about 9 months ago... Don't know who's runnig Gary's boat now. She's a fish raiser though and with that rounded transom she backs down at a good clip.

Br,

Patrick