survey 31's for Gulfcoast

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Capt. DQ

survey 31's for Gulfcoast

Post by Capt. DQ »

UV,

Help! lets see how many 31's we have down here for the Gulf Coast Region. They might have us beat in numbers in the northeast region, but I think we can give them a run for there money on fishing though down here. Lets see? Pensacola

1. Short Circuit
2. Jaded Lady
3. Reel McCoy
4. There's (1) at Daybreak Marina don't know that one
5. Other Woman

DQ
Capt. Mike Holmes

Texas 31's

Post by Capt. Mike Holmes »

There are at least 10 in the Freeport immediate area, used to be more. Trey could probably find that many or more in Galveston, and I know the Port Aransas area has a mess of them.
"There is nothing quite so satisfying, as simply messing around in boats."
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

I can think of 10 offhand in La. & MS.

1. AJ
2. RR
3. White Rhino
4. Wet Spot
5. Suzy's Pissed
6. Centurion
7. Gayle Culp's
8&9 - two in the Houma area
10. The brothers Mendenhall at Grand Isle.

Think all but one Houma boat are diesel.

UV
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

I left out Kipp's Targeted Species....

UV
kellysmall

Post by kellysmall »

Doug,
The one at Day Break belongs to Eric Johnson. However, I think he moved it up the creek a little bit to the next marina. There was also another one once there next to Eric's named LERIOS.

How's your project coming? Gonna be able to fish this season? Hull's lookin' good. Are you putting your old tower back on, or are you having a new one built?

-Kel
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Thank's Kelly miss that one, haven't seen you in a while, hope things are doing well for you.

DQ
kellysmall

Post by kellysmall »

Been doing a little rebuilding of my own. Next time you're down at Day Break, swing in and take a look at my new project. I'm on the outside of the dry storage building near the back (under the lean-to roof).
ZeroCavity

Post by ZeroCavity »

Mine, Zero Cavity in Naples, Fl
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Alright Zerocavity the West Coast of Florida and I think Capt. Dave is on the west coast too?

Who else? There's got to be more on the West Coast of FL.

Da Judge help us out from your end, Capt. Mike is checking his end.

I know there are some in Orange Beach & Destin & Panama City just don't know how many? Chime in you guys!

DQ
kellysmall

Post by kellysmall »

I think Sugaree is over in Destin. They did good in the International about three years ago.
Trey Dibrell

Post by Trey Dibrell »

There are 2 at the Galveston Yacht Basin, Brand X, and Tranquillo. There are probably many more up in the Clear Lake area, but I try not to get that far North very often. I know the Fuzzy Snapper was up there, he came to the UVII one time.

There may be some at the Bolivar marinas, Ernest should be able to help there.

Da Judge
Trey Dibrell

Post by Trey Dibrell »

Don't forget about Geaux Deep which is down around Port Isabel.

Da Judge
ScottD

Post by ScottD »

The Tampa/St. Pete area has a bunch, I'll have to think on though.

Bolero, SuperMex, Reel Action....

I'll get back

ScottD
scot

Post by scot »

There's 2 in Port Arthur, TX. The Capt AL is afloat at the Pleasure Island marina and there is also a gutted project 31 in the local boat yard, also on Pleasure Island.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Hyena Love

Bolivar

Post by Hyena Love »

No B31's over on Bolivar that I know if. In fact, I think I have most of the folks over there convinced that the B28 is the only Bert worth a damn that is less than 42 feet.

But, its Bolivar. Where a full set of teeth or an unmolested daughter older than 12 is considered a noteworthy accomplishment.
randall

Post by randall »

dont forget stan
scot

Post by scot »

Bolivar..LOL, The coastal version of Vidor. Bolivar is where the successful High Island residents move.

Is your Hyena Love in Bolivar?
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
thereheis

31 count

Post by thereheis »

theres is 15 in the port aransas /rockport/aransas pass area that i can think of.might even be more...

phil
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

We are about 54 right now and still counting and let's watch those chads people.

Waiting for more people to report. Adding Harry Babb would be 55.

DQ
Geaux Deep

Post by Geaux Deep »

I have Geaux Deep in Port Mansfield and I know of 3 31' Berts in Port Isabel. One on blocks and two in the water. - RH
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Thanks for covering for me Doug.........been away from our site for a few days.........I keep "DeNada" , my 31 Express in Fish River Alabama

I know of a Bahia Mar project boat at Eastern Shore Marine
I cannot remember all of the boat names but there are 3 more that I know of at Dog River Marina in Mobile County Alabama and at least one more that I have seen in Orange Beach Alabama

Harry Babb
hb
Dave Kosh R.I.P.

Post by Dave Kosh R.I.P. »

On Fla's GulF Coast From south to north that I know of:
1)Zero Cavity' Naples
2) Can Do It -Ft. Myers Beach
3) Unknown 31-Ft Myers Beach
4) Under Renovation- 31 in Bonita Springs
5) 31 In Venice
6) 31 in Bradenton
7) Tex Mex , St Pete
and a host of other 31's unkown names and owners up the west coast
Dave K
Keep Fishing...
kellysmall

Post by kellysmall »

When I bought my B25 in 1998 at Dog River Marina in Mobile County there were two B31's there next to my boat. One was named Amante, and it seems like I've heard that name in the winners circle in some of the MBGFC tournaments in recent years.

-Kel
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Kelly
The guy that owns Amante is Mike Rogers. For the life of me I could not remember the name of his boat last night. I bought my boat from Mike during the Thanksgiving weekend of 2004. He and his crew had just won the prize for Tuna and I believe ??? that it was in the 200 pound range.

You have tickled my memory this morning......your right about Amante and the other 2 boats that I refered to are Affidavit and Crossroads.......Crossroads was severly damaged during Katrina and I do not know what ever happened to Crossroads.

Harry Babb
hb
Hyena Love

Post by Hyena Love »

Scott - At the beautiful Bolivar Yacht Basin.

How about the guy Rob C. - bought a 454 powered B31 in the Houston/Galveston/Clear Lake area and then moved it down to Port A or thereabouts.

I forget his handle around here, if any, but I see his posts on some of the other boards.
Capt. Mike Holmes

Rob

Ernest, Rob Cromie, was it? Had the restaurant in Houston. I was thinking he said something about selling, but I might have him mixed up with John Davis, who still has his boat at Kirby, and was included in my earlier estimate. Also John Cranston's, which is on a trailer in the driveway of his place in Hide-a-way.

Doing some maintenance on mine, changing from single level to twin lever controls and movign the steering back some. Gonna fish hard this summer, unless another storm, or operation, or retirment procedure, or some kind of other crap gets in the way.
clay

Post by clay »

JUST FOR FUN HERE ARE THE ONES FOR SALE:

SARITA-GALVESTON TX- 454 330HP
BULLET-SEABROOK TX- 6BT 330HP
SNAFU-LAFAYETTE LA- 4LHA 250HP
AFFIDAVID-MOBILE AL- 453 DD 140HP
HOBO-ST PETERSBURG FL- CUMMINS 504 210HP
SEAESTA-PORT ISSABEL TX- CRUSADER 350HP
BLUEPRINT-PANAMA CITY FL- CAT 3116 285HP
LAST LAUGH II- PUNTA GORDA FL- CRUSADER 330HP
LOOPHOLE- ST PETERSBURG FL-6BT 270HP
COLD DUCK-MOBILE AL- 4BTA 250HP
AMANTE-MOBILE AL-YANMAR 300HP
BTOB-REDINGTON AL- GAS 330HP
OL BLUE-PLACIDA FL- MERCURISER 370HP
????- FREEPORT TX- PERKINS 200HP
????- PORT ISABEL TX- CRUSADER 350HP
SEA SEARCHER-HOUMA LA- 454 350HP
????- THEODORE AL- 4BTA 25OHP
NOTHING-PUNTA GORDA FL-6BTA 330HP
REEL RELIEF-KEY LARGO FL (WEST SIDE OF BRIDGE)- CRUSADER 330HP
EL TORO-ST PETERSBURG FL-455 GAS 350HP

I CAN ALSO CONFIRM 7 B31'S LOCATED IN PORT ARANSAS TX AND 1 "THEREHEIS" SOON TO BE LOCATED IN PORT ARANSAS -HOW IS IT GOING PHIL - I NEED SOME ENGINE INSTALL PHOTOS TO GET ME MOTIVATED...

CLAY
Capt. Mike Holmes

Bullet

Clay, Bullet was on my list, it's back in Freeport now. He has also repowered with 370 Cummins common rails. Beautiful boat. Don't know the one in Freeport with the Perkins, but there used to be a few of them running those engines here. Guess I'll check, just to know.
Hyena Love

Post by Hyena Love »

Mike - Thats the guy. I missed the big dinner party at his rest. last year or so.

It will be nice for both of us to get some time on the water in our boats this Summer. I am thinking about leaving the office right now. Can't fish today, but maybe a coat of wax or shine the tower or something. Work and the flue have been hammering me, so I have not seen my baby in pert near a month.

What is John C. doing with his? Last I saw it, it was stripped to the stringers.
Capt. Mike Holmes

Dinner

I missed the party, also. I miss a lot, too much.

Getting ready to leave my "office" also, for my "other office" at the boat (I take the laptop). I had some kind of creeping crud all last week, also, just getting over it. Got to catch up. I have a book project I've gotten behind on, also two feature articles that need finishing. Seem to be busier, now that I've "retired".

I'll be at the fishing show at the George R, Brown & Root center next month, in the Saltwater Texas booth. Probably tenatively offer charter trips, although I don't see a big future in it. I just want to spend time offshore. I'll need to get a lot of pictures this season, night time trips, boat-to-boat stuff, so we should try to get together.
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Harry or Kelly,

Is'nt Mike Rogers a member of the Mobile Big Game Fishing Club?
I thought I saw this boat ( Amante ) during the Labor Day Billfish Tournment last year at Orange Beach. It was a good looking 31 from what I recall. Real clean

( Blueprint ) is the one over in Panama City that had a listing of around $275k I think with those 3116's Fighting Lady Yellow in color?

DQ
kellysmall

Post by kellysmall »

Doug,
I think you're correct. I remember seeing Amante when the repower to the current Yanmars was under way at Dog River Marina. Looked like a really nice install job, but Sonny Middleton's group has always done nice work there. I was negotiating with Sonny to do my repaint job a couple of weeks before Katrina came through. He's been kinda preoccupied since then, so I haven't followed up....

-Kel
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Doug
When I bought "De Nada" from Mike he was in the Mobile Big Game Fishing Club and may still be for all I know. We talked about the club and fishing briefly. He had actually purchased "De Nada" with the intentions of restoring her himself but he is in the construction business and since the storms Ivan and Katrina he told me that he just did not have the time to devote to another restoration.

I have been aboard Amante and Kelly is correct......Amante is simply beautiful.

Harry Babb
hb
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Kelly,

One more we miss in Island Cove Marina in Bayou Chico is George's Electronic's B31-FBC, called (Horsefly) with 504 Cummins in it.

It is located just down from Mac & Jeremy's 31, its been so long since he's ever messed with that boat that I've forgot about him and his son Jerry is in the Pensacola Big Game Fishing Club also.

I think we are at a count of 96 so far I think?, and still counting.

DQ
thereheis

31 count

Post by thereheis »

hey clay the engine install won't start till march 1st,doing the bottom and electronics / rubrail install right now,,got abot 5 days till it goes to gatewodds for the motors...got the 3210 garmin w sounder box transducer 600 all the extras ,,,,,,,,radar will be here in march also,,,riggers 28' rupp single spreader are on there way also ...ouch $$$$$$$$$$$$..

phil
Rob C

Post by Rob C »

Sorry for the late reply, been out of the box for a few. Was on the Lump gettin our ass kicked for nada. The Sarita is in Port A and yes for sale. Still looking to maybe do a repower and add some fuel as we need more range. I'm starting to think the Yanmar 4LH might be the ticket? I'm not too concerned w/ speed, more time on the water the better in my book!! The 454s are running like champs but would LOVE the range, that 200gal bladder makes the hair on the back of my red neck stand up!
Rob C
"sometimes you go 8 sometimes you hit dirt"

Rob C
Ted_R

Post by Ted_R »

Here's two more:
Baited Breath, next door neighbor,
Jim Sea, 2 mi. from me
""Procrastinate now!"