Organization and saving $$$

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Mikey

Organization and saving $$$

Post by Mikey »

First, let me say that I love the loose confederation we have here with no membership cards, initiation or any of that restrictive complication, and I don't want to change it..
We come, we go, we live, we die, but did you ever fish . . . sorry, back to the subject.
As I sit here again in front of the internet trying to find all the stuff I need to finish Dreamsicle (an enormous list when you start with an empty hull, eh Timmmy?) and possibly save money often I find it's possible. There are sites and suppliers that sell without raping my pocket book; and yet there are areas that I can't find real savings. So, Could we start a list of friendly sites? Possibly approach some of these sources and encourage them by telling them they are on our friendly list of a larger number of boaters.
Now, that said I'm trying to find a source for wiring. Chiles gave me one that he used but the company changed hands and business approach, and thus discount to the boater.
So, first, what do we think, and second, anyone got a source for wiring and terminals? My list is fairly long.
Whew!
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
CMP

Post by CMP »

Look into a Port Supply account. If you can meet their requirements, you can save a ton of dough...

CMP
scot

Post by scot »

Capt Patrick could get referral $$$ if it is set up correctly with our inquiries and purchases originating via a link from this site. Once it is set up he gets a small % of each purchase....in some cases the vendor pays a few cents for each click onto their site, wether a purchase is made or not.

If we are going to "use" the procurement power of the group....the guy that started the group should be compensated.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Whaler1777

Post by Whaler1777 »

www.jamestowndistributors.com They have some good deals
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
Dave Kosh R.I.P.

Post by Dave Kosh R.I.P. »

Keep Fishing...
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Thanks for the replies, Guys. I was thinking more along the lines of Scot's ideas or some way to achieve group purchasing power. There are plenty of us now and we spend money. I have an account with Lewis and have used Jamestown. Both good companies but not the low-priced leaders. I have found several internet-based companies and some manufacturers who will deal if they see a good reason, like a bunch of us buying their stuff. Port and Paxton (the local supplier to the trade) are too restrictive. I understand part of their problem, they don't want to be nickel and dimed to death. On the other hand I think they are on the brink of disaster. When the big-box marine stores finally get it togeather (and I think it is just a matter of time) they will eclipse the Ports and Paxtons of the world with pricing. I watched this happen to so many of the construction suppliers years ago who arrogantly refused to do business with home owners and do-it-yourselfers and as the big -box stores came in and out priced them, suddenly their buildings were empty and they were gone. But that's not our immediate concern. How can we achieve the buying power of a big guy? We are a big guy.
power to the people.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein