express link

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

randall

Post by randall »

roger that
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

MOUNT GAY?!?!? The only thing I bring home from the BVI. MMM MMM!
My bar looks as if it were decorated by that Barbados crowd. Have you tried their mango tinged rum? With a splash of soda its an all-day drink. 'Course you can't walk at day's end, but then who cares.
www.mountgayrum.com
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

we'll boys just picked up the replacement power for the tubb. Very hapy with what I brought home. Guessing you'll have to find something else to rag on the tubb, other than speed. Ok, so there's lots of other things to rag about, but speed won't be one of them.
Thanks to the the guy that was able to make the motor deal happen, they are going to a deserving home, and will be much happer in thier soon to be new beds, than the place they used to live.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

We want pictures!
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

they need to be gone thru and get a spray can rebuild
DAmmm the saints suck . games over , no hope left

Kevin, the tubb is gonna move, if these things go like we expect. Not as fast as you but it should be in the upper 20knts
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

oh I see, you are going to give them an aerosol overhaul!
Dug

Post by Dug »

Mount Gay got involved way back in Newport! It was fun!

Yeah, the Bears did it well. Liz is happy!
Ric

the tub

Post by Ric »

I´m with U.V. i cant say anything nice,so i wont say anything at all, serious money and serious work for a 2nd time will not change that kitty kats stripes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :o pura vida
scot

Post by scot »

Go Timmy Go...
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

That's putting your money where your mouth is Timmy !
Way to go.
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Andre, kathi got the tickets yesterday. You better be up for it.
Ric, this coming from a guy that turned the second best looking boat ever built into a JC wanna be, over a 5 year out of the water stint? with it's own 30' tower and 25' pulpit?? and electric zapper, for if you were ever able to find tuna, and get david to make a good throw?? yea your better off not say anything cause then I'd have to reply with a venomious responce
neil

Post by neil »

timmmyyyyyyyyyy iam going to try to put jr on his first blue marlin monday. we go to aruba tomorrow neil and jr
CMP

Post by CMP »

Neil, if you want to fish marlin, stay away from the downtown boats. Go see Pete Maier on the Melina-he's on the docks behind the Marriot hi-rise. There are a couple others back there that will marlin fish but you need to really push them...

CMP
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

neil , good luck, tell capt jr. to catch em up. have fun
neil

Post by neil »

cmp i know peter real well fish with him all the time .even got 6 fuel filters for him.Did you happen to know bobby croes,his boat was there before he died great guy and when he died i found out about his death on this site. it was my first visit to this site my neighbor had told me that he read about a guy that died in aruba and sure enough it was booby c a great guy
CMP

Post by CMP »

I've fished with Pete several times, the last being 2 years ago-my bud who owned a piece of Sailboard Vacations hooked me up with him years ago. Good luck fishing...

CMP
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Neil:

I knew Bobby very well -- I fished the Big Rock with him several times -- one of my favorite pictures is of Bobby fishing standup style with a 130 curved butt -- he didn't want to sit in the chair, so he fought a 40lb Mahi standup -- and smiled through the whole thing.

Sad to see someone so young and full of life pass away.

Tom
Ric

Post by Ric »

Timmy ,,,first off you be my friend and if friends cant be honest with his friend than who can be. You had a chance to buy that 34 ft Hat you know which one, you took me on it ,older boat, heavy, great platform for cruisein and fishin with newer diesels and it could have been had for less than the cost of the new diesel engines that were already installed .,and you let it go,,,
turning a boat that was designed to be what it is , and it was what it was,,,,into something it aint, and wasnt designed to be,,is reckless and makes you a severe glutton for punishment,,,
I understand the enthusiasm you have for the progect but is it really worth it?
Take the boat get it surveyed and donate it to charity and take the tax deduction from glassmasters,,,if it is legally possible and look for what you really want ,.,go and get that real machine that34 ft hatt because that was a very nice boat for short dollars,,,everybody on this webpage is telling you the market is flat .,boats are being let go for short money nice platforms ,.,"DISTRESS" sales,.,.why start from scratch.,again? it does not make sense to me,,,but i spent 250 to do mine and that doesnt make much sense either so ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,If it makes you Happy , it cant be that bad,,,,,,,cheroll Crow..........................................
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Ric-a-hoc,
He's in love with that hull and wants a one of a kind impression, which fits perfectly with his whole personna. Makes perfect sense to me. Especially with your last sentence nailing it, and life...

Up for it?, I think so.
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
neil

Post by neil »

tail hook tom bobby made me fight a 4oolb blue marlin standup no harness just a belt but in the end we got the fish and took all the money in the tournament,i really miss that guy
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Neil:

If you want, I can see if I can scare up that picture and get it off to you. The funniest thing was watching Bobby in Walmart -- I think he tried buying the entire store cause everything was so much cheaper than in Aruba.

His boat was a piece of work, wasn't it?

Tom
neil

Post by neil »

i have a picture of me and bobby on his boat with a xmas tree and he was dressed in a santa hat when he died he owed me a good chunk of change for some tackle that i sent i would trade that money for another day of fishing with him. he was a real good person he took me and my family out for a day of snorkling/drinking/fishing. he and i partied like there was no tomorrow i will tell peter you said hi.we have the boat booked for tues and thurs you must know norman if you fished the big rock with bobby
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Yeah, I crewed on the Betts -- if you know Norman, you must know Timmy his friend from Buffalo? Tough boat to fish on, the Betts -- making the crew wear pink shirts is just WRONG!
neil

Post by neil »

yea i know buffalo we used to see each other every jan in aruba .i go a week later now. he and norman are good people what a small world
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Neil:

I made the mistake of trying to keep up with Timmy drinking one night -- not our Timmy -- let me tell you -- I know why Thuuuuddddd has his nicname.

Tom
CMP

Post by CMP »

250k on that???

CMP
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

easy now, cowboy.
We'll see if Ric called it, or got to buy the refreshments for his faux pau(what the f does that mean, and is it like a duvet?)
CMP

Post by CMP »

Just askin'. Geez. Get back to work...

CMP
randall

Post by randall »

nobody splained what a "duvet"..... is yet....wet corvette in the early morn? two vetinarians....what?
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Duvet (prononced Du-Vey):

Pissy, light in the loffers name, (of Frence derivation), for a fancy over stuffed bed spread....
randall

Post by randall »

thanks patrick....caren now informs me we are the proud owners of same
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Rann dalllllllllllll, you want me to send the pic of the one kat circled 3 times so I get the right one(after having it explained to me mutipul times)
randall

Post by randall »

timmmmmmmy...why would purchasing such an item fall under your perview............"yes sir, its on the shelf next to the shot gun shells"
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

after 20 sumthin years of dating her, she's finally fallen for the fatial flaw of females(well ok one of many flaws females have) the one where they think they can make the tiger change his stripes. she thinks theres a kinder genteler thuddddddddd under my chain mail skin
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

speakin of shotgun shells, went wed to the local preserve and killed 11 for 11 chuckar with beau the super slab. the boy was a machine, and he's started pointing the birds that would hold, very happy with him
neil

Post by neil »

Timyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I am in Aruba right now I just wanted to rubb it in! Neil Jr. I'm on the 9'th floor of the HYATT having snacks and.N Your friend Neil Jr.
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

good thing Capt Jr is setting next to you or my reply would be laced with profanity. Have a good time and make sure u get capt jr on a man with a blue suit.
Capt Jr, only belive most of what your dad says

Timmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy