I'm walking again!

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Mikey

I'm walking again!

Post by Mikey »

Went to the saw bones (literally in my case) today and he said from now until spring take some weight off when your tired by using a cane, throw away the crutches and come see me in a year. I told him I would use my great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather's shillelagh. He is Italian. He did not know what I meant, but said whatever I was doing keep it up. I told him my Bertram buddies insisted I do my therapy and it worked. Now if the swelling (in my knee) will go down I'll start climbing the ladder in earnest and get some stuff done.
Whew!
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Mikey, well, shit, boy, just great news. Ya know, we have become a big ole family and worry about each other.

Speaking of the Faithful, I spoke a while ago to Andre' who is in Venice, La. with another of the Faithful hunting ducks and redfish with my son. They had been down to Port Eads yesterday to look around, 16 months after Katrina destroyed the place. It's still destroyed. They shot some ducks and were getting ready to cook some gumbo. They all sounded like they were relaxing pretty good.

I just got an email from a buddy who is in Pinas Bay, Panama (anchored out off the Tropic Star Lodge dock) on a 80 foot Garlington who said they (the staff at TSL) wanted to know when the UVI group was coming back.

Hey, ain't technology the deal?

UV
Terry Frank

Post by Terry Frank »

I'm likeing the Doc's comments. Keep it up and do your best to stay away from those folks. Heal fast.

Br,

Terry
Happy to be here. Happy to be anywhere.

Terry
Capt. Mike Holmes

Lookin' Good!

Post by Capt. Mike Holmes »

Mikey, great news! You're recovering faster than I am, but, you're probably a lot tougher. Before long, we might go looking for your grandfather's Wheeler together - I love a quest! Have you told Bruce the mechanic vs heart surgeon story yet?

Vic, was it Darryl Pennington down there? Some folks have more fun than others. But we have Bertram 31's, and the comaradere that goes with that ownership.

Have fun in Miami.
"There is nothing quite so satisfying, as simply messing around in boats."
In Memory of Vicroy

Capt. Mike, no, it's not D. Pennington, its some guy from Alabama with the big Garlington in Pinas Bay. Trinity Yachts is building away on Mr. Pennington's 120' SF - also gonna be named the MARY P. that sort of looks like a B31, just a little bigger.

I talked to Darryl not too long ago, and he asked me to tell all the Faithful how much he enjoyed being with us at TSL. I told him we enjoyed him & his son-in-law too, especially his jokes.

BTW, I got a new Boudreaux joke I need to tell ya'll, but it will have to wait.

UV
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Good news Mikey!! Keep up the good work.

UV: Have they installed the crane and cradle on the bow of Daryls new boat for Another Joy yet?
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Congradulations Mikey, Thats good news and the timing is perfect.....by early spring you will be ready to kick ass (literally) once again.

I know exactly how you are feeling........in 1979 I had a motorcycle accident and after 2 months in the hospital I spent 9 months on crutches...the day that I got a release from the doctor I remember feeling like the day I got my drivers license.

Hey Vic, do you happen to know the name of the Garlington that you refered to in a post above. I am familiar with one that docks in Orange Beach named "Dreamin On"

Harry Babb
hb
In Memory of Vicroy

We are sure talking about it. His new boat will have about 40' of bow.

On the other hand, every time I get these urges to do stuff, my daddy, who is almost 97, has his words ring in my head...."If it flies, floats, or f**ks, RENT IT"

UV
In Memory of Vicroy

Harry, yep, its the 'Dreamin On' that is now in Pinas Bay at the TSL. One of the crew is emailing me, quite a trip they had from OB thru the canal, etc..

After about 10 am CT in the morning my ass is in Miami without a computer for a week at least.

UV
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Vic
I haven't seen the "Dreamin On" in quiet a while. The last captian that I knew running that boat is a guy that I went to High School with. He had a motorcycle accident summer before last and it cost him a leg.

The "Dreamin On" is one hella of boat and unbelievably beautiful inside as well out........even the engine room is immaculate.

If you are around the boat look for the capitian....if its still the same guy his name is Randy.....Tell him I said hello

Harry Babb
hb
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Have you told Bruce the mechanic vs heart surgeon story yet?
Yes he sent it too me but it don't fly.

Valve surgery such as what I had requires that the "engine" be shut down.
Same as a regular engine.
Your put on the heart/lung bypass machine to keep you alive.

Bypass you leave the ticker going. Sorta like splicing in another fuel line with the engine running.
Not much of a challenge there.

I got a chuckle anyway knowing there is no difference between us.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Mikey,

Glad to hear that you're on the mend and ready to start scaling ladders! Just be careful and don't push yourself too hard. In my estimation, up & down ladders is one of the most tiring tasks.

Br,

Patrick
Chiles

Post by Chiles »

Mikey,
Glad to hear you are getting around better. Although you seemed to be getting along pretty well the last time I saw you.

Man of steel, or titanium or what ever it is. :)

Chiles
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Thanks, Guys.
Pat, the ladders in my life were the reason I finally went under the knife. When you stand at the bottom and contemplate the ascent, it's time to do it. Couple more weeks and we're on it. Fugure about the time we get back from the South.
Sitting in the office watching the demolition of my dock and boathouse. They were both on the verge of disintegration so am having them rebuilt. At the rate the demo is going the hosue will be ready for summer . . . of '08.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein