Hydraulic Steering Hose

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Geaux Deep

Hydraulic Steering Hose

Post by Geaux Deep »

Anyone have recommendations where to purchase hydraulic steering hoses with ends. I need to replace the hoses to my tower station. - RH
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Capt. Randle - places that make them up are a dime a dozen in any industrial area - most NAPA stores will make them up while you wait. I used to take an old one so they would get the fittings right the first time, and the brass fittings are the best vs. the steel ones for boat use since the pressures are not that much. On the other hand, I have installed a couple of SeaStar steering systems using the nylon tubing connected with the hardware store 3/8" compression fittings and that has lasted in one install 19 years and the other 12 with no issues. The pressure in the steering is pretty low.

UV
Geaux Deep

Post by Geaux Deep »

Thanks UV - I'll get-er-done - RH
Garry

Post by Garry »

Randle,

I suggest replacing the hoses to the upper station with the teleflex black hose and fittings...same hose and fittings that service the lower teleflex helm to teleflex hydraulic ram. As I recall the tower helm is also teleflex. This stuff is cheap and easy to run and install. Good luck

Garry