United We Fish Rally in DC

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

tds8268

United We Fish Rally in DC

Post by tds8268 »

Started writing letters back in January. MD, DE, NJ and PA Senators and Congressmen. Rally came together yesterday, 3000 strong. Commercial, For-hire and Recreational. Elected officials spoke, voicing their support of the Flexibility Act. Should we believe all of them, no! We must hold their feet to the fire, must continue this small slide until it turns into an avalanche swallowing the "data poor" science and tearing apart the restrictions that have weighed on fishermem for too long. Easy road, not! Letters and calls MUST continue. Friends and clients need to know exactly what's at stake. For those who call the Canyons home, don't think this doesn't affect you. Might be about ground fish now, rest assured, you're in the cross hairs as well! A special note to those of you from MD & DE. Not one of our Representatives attended this rally to voice their support of these Acts. Were they invited by the organizers? Perhaps not. Did they know about the rally? Absolutely, I mentioned it in every letter written and call placed. Pick-up your phone or pen and insist they sign-on in support of this legislation. This is a unique chance to truely change things, WE ALL MUST ACT NOW!

Thanks to all who attended!
Dan
Fin Chaser Sportfishing
ed c.

Post by ed c. »

Our group from Wildwood, NJ was there. See the thread in the political column. I'm glad I was not the only one from this site.