Cleats

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Harry Woods

Cleats

Post by Harry Woods »

Does anyone have the Perko part number for the midship and bow cleats? I either have to replace them or replate them this year. It probably be easier to do a bolt-by-bolt replacement if the cost difference is not that great. i just want to make sure the bolt patterns are the same. Thanks.
Harry
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Harry,

It's usually less expensive to re-chrome the old part than to buy a new one. Also, the chrome is usually better quality than the original batch factory chrome.

Br,

Patrick
Capt.Frank

Post by Capt.Frank »

Harry,
I had to replace one of my mide ship cleats a few years back just plan old Perko chrome plated 8" I think. But If I had to do it again I would in stall pop up or fold down cleats for the midship cleat. Just an Idea. Capt.Patrick is correct about the quality of the chrome.
1976 FBC
3208 NA
wmachovina

Post by wmachovina »

Hey, I like the idea of pop up cleats on the mid ship. whats the general opinion (I know we have some) of their strength as they handle the spring load most of the time. Bill
Bill
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

unless you are trying out for the diving team and like the idea of a flip off the side of the boat or like to stub your toe dropping the outriggers then i would strongly surgest pop up or the fold down cleats.i have them as well as mike o
capt.bob lico
bero13010473