Memory Test

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Capt. DQ

Memory Test

Post by Capt. DQ »

Lets see how good everybody's memory is? Where is this picture located?

[img][img]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r210 ... IM0745.jpg[/img][/img]
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Well, I'm a ringer since I was local to the place, but a hint.....about 28.59N, 89 something W......

UV
Tom

Post by Tom »

Better yet, sunrise or sunset?
Viva la Presidente!
randall

Post by randall »

lookin west so i guess sunset. the thing looks like a giant badmittin thingy when you google earth it. somewhere i have a few photos taken from the top.
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

shuttlecock?
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

I can almost hear the mosquitoes buzzing and the gators rolling . . .!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
In Memory of Vicroy

and the goats braying..."Timmy, Timmy....he never writes, he never calls"....

UV
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Ahhhhh the memories....
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Not the end of the world, but you can see it from there......................
randall

Post by randall »

JP Dalik wrote:shuttlecock?
yep
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

..."Timmy, Timmy....he never writes, he never calls"....
Last thing I heard about Timmy was he dragged my kid down the dock at the Northeast Rendezvous. Still paying the doctors bills for the ankle damage. Tequilla is bad. Where you at Thudddddd.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Ah!, Now we're just starting to jogg those memories just a little. The FOG is starting to clear.

Lets just hear a few more those exciting times come out. Lets hear some good Ole memories come out.

But you can't bring the NANNY GOAT into it now!, or the GOAT period!
Timmy could have a relapse. Alright lets hear some good old UVI PORT EADS STORIES!

Now for the ones that have never been there, I'm sorry that you have missed out on some of the best times some have experienced with fishing & boating & food & drinking on the planet, but its also by invitation only, but the future could be possibly near again? But I cannot speak for the Tournament Chairman or Master of Ceremony of Port Eads and hopefully it will happen again one day.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Like the head on Painkiller with the rust holes through the deck around it that the swamp bugs used to run up through!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
In Memory of Vicroy

My son Capt. Brent reports the skivvy is that it might be a couple of years before Port Eads is back again....FEMA has committed the money to rebuild it but does not have a contractor yet.....might be a good opportunity to bid?

As for stories, I remember Randall wading down the dock with a 12 foot alligator eyeing him......Lyman the G-Man standing knee deep in water on the dock leaning up against a power outlet....think The Prof even has a pix of that one......the Fatal Shot from Africa (I still have a bottle in the freezer at the camp).....how downcast Linda was when informed there was no Ladies Divison at the UVI.....the lobster feast......Crazy Al Walker's underwater daredevil videos.....how about the video of he & Stan hoisting a huge shark they speared up an oil rig with a boat & rope?....eating boudin and drinking on the dock at 8 am after declaring a weather day.......Bruce fixing Mr. Pee Wee's a/c on the big blue boat, the Mary Joyce.......BTW, Mr. Pee Wee died of a heart attack having dinner with the Penningtons at a restaurant in Mexico a couple of years ago.....the steaks from the north.....browsing thru the Big Game Club and the fantastic photos there.....BTW, all the pix were removed prior to the place being destroyed by Katrina....word has it the N.O. club is building a new clubhouse in Venice, but won't be the same......big oil money and 20 cent diesel is a thing of the past and made that place run.......

UV
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Then there was Randall and myself with Tiger in his boat, preparing to cross over to his place when he hit the underwater power cable with his prop and all of Port Eads suddenly went black...for weeks, if I am not mistaken (it was our last night).
randall

Post by randall »

walterk wrote:Then there was Randall and myself with Tiger in his boat, preparing to cross over to his place when he hit the underwater power cable with his prop and all of Port Eads suddenly went black...for weeks, if I am not mistaken (it was our last night).
...... me and tiger sat around for awhile in the dark and then decided to go back and finish the job of getting really wasted. bout 3 in the morning we are navigating back to the camp and in our totally trashed state and discussing lofty topics like politics and racism. tiger turns to me and says......."sheeeet, randall...............i went to jewwwlane."

i laughed so hard i almost fell out of the boat...which in the condition i was in would have been easy.
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Garry

Post by Garry »

Don't forget the Shrimp Pimp and his joke telling daddy; Hollis and redneck romance; and the grizzly bearded guy in the overalls that coined the phrase "Oil Slingin Dumptruck engines"....and the Blue Marlin.....

High Pockets
Tom

Post by Tom »

Mike, I love picture #2. Really captures the place, good composition and lighting. I even see my little 27' Blackfin in there.
Viva la Presidente!