Missing post?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Chiles

Missing post?

Post by Chiles »

Captain Patrick,
It seems that the post where we were exchanging comments back and fourth with Thuddd has dissapeared.

Did we streach the intended use for this site and require you to delete the thread?

Chiles
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Chiles,

Not the Timmy issue, which was a side shoot of the thread, but the rest was getting a bit too close to becoming pugilistic so I decided to put it out of it's misery.

You're of course welcome to start a new bed of coals, (thread), in Thudddds behalf...

Br,

Patrick
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Trust we can discuss this further in FLL, Capt. Patrick.
Chiles, My boss (wife ) calls Timmy her "son" and is very protective of him, plus his dog is really good, so I think we ought to lighten up (your dog is good too).
But, of course, if you disagree, feel free.......
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
Chiles

Post by Chiles »

Andre,
I talked to Timmy over the weekend and Kathy said all is forgiven if I send them a live recording of my "Ode to Thuddd" song. I must agree that anyone that does not know Timmy or myself may raise an eyebrow with some of our sarcastic remarks.

Having said that, as long as he picks on our Bertrams and waves the Hatteras flag over our heads, It's going to be open season on Thudddd. :)

BTW, we were cooking another stew for a group at UVA and were approached by someone with the Smithsonian. It seems they may be interested in having us do some cooking for them during an antique exhibition. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it goes thru. I can't hold a candle to anything Randall did there, but I sure can fill a few happy faces.

Yo Frien,
Chiles

AKA - Stewie
capy

Post by capy »

Crap!

I haven't been here in months finally get a break in the action.....give timmy a little ribbing and the thread is yanked.

Oh well, I'm so far away from the B31 game I might as well be out of it......I hauled on sept 13th and didn't go fishing even ONCE the entire season.

No timmy..... I ain't sellin, yet.

Regards,

Paul
Capt. Mike Holmes

Out

Post by Capt. Mike Holmes »

Paul, it happens to the best of us sometimes. My bad back kept me from fishing much the last two years, but now I have that fixed (supposedly), about to move back into the house after storm repairs, and I just retired from my "day job", so I hope to be playing catch up soon.

By the way, from what I "overhear" on the board, sounds like the tubb is hid out in the woods somewhere, maybe functioning as a hunting camp?
"There is nothing quite so satisfying, as simply messing around in boats."
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

Keep it up Mike, and I'll send another hurrican thru...........................
CMP

Post by CMP »

Don't let 'em get you down Tim. When we're done with the tubb and actually fishing on it in rough weather, all these fair-weather RLDT'ers will be jealous, very jealous...

CMP :lol:
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Mark........you've seen the flat-as-plywood bottom of that boat.....haven't you?
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

Go back to the crack pipe prof, 18deg deadrise.
Cmp, you've got it ,and if nothing else, we'll look good drinking at the dock.
CMP

Post by CMP »

Stop confusing the cultists with facts Timmy!!! :twisted:

CMP
Chiles

Post by Chiles »

CMP,
You may want to check with Thuddd to see what the project plan dates are. I think is is already spending all the money he is saving from dock and EPA fees. I am guessing 4 years before splash, minimum.

That is... unless you are going to be fishing on the Tubb with a pole speer and dive gear. That schedule can be accomodated much more quickly.

Chiles
(Thuddd started it!)
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

we'll look good drinking at the dock
That's what the people of Jonestown thought too.
Capt. Mike Holmes

Storm terminology?

Timmy, I had a run in with a tornado, not a hurricane. Tornados are much more personal. A hurricane is what it's gonna take to get the Tubb back out of the woods!
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

Capt Pat, I think you should deleat this thread also, as it's taking on a very personal , attack the guy with the better boat, kinda twist. I was so upset about it, that last night I was forced to drink almost a complete bottle of single malt, just to get over the emotional stress all these mean spirited folks are heaping on me.
and if the good Capt. sees fit not to remove this thread, well then, all, y'all
can just kiss my grits.............
Last edited by thuddddddd on Oct 3rd, '06, 11:42, edited 1 time in total.
Capt. Mike Holmes

Thud-d-d-d

"Son, you're gonna drive me to drinkin', if you don't stop drivin' that hot rod Hatteras" - or something like that. So the kinda secret plan is to make an express out of it, eh? Probably a good move. I love express boats. I would have looked hard at the 41 here that was down to the bare hull for that sort of restore, except, seriously and without malice, I do prefer the deep vee Bertram hull design.
CMP

Post by CMP »

Chin up Timmy! They know what I can do with a naked hull and your open checkbook and they are SKEERED, 'cuz when we're done, they won't have Thuddddd's boat to kick around any more! They'll probably still kick 'ole Thudddd around, tho. After all can ya blame them???

CMP, We'll rebuild it. We can make it better, stronger, faster.
Last edited by CMP on Oct 4th, '06, 10:09, edited 1 time in total.
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

you tell em........., hey wait a minute. Youz guyz keep kicking thuddddddd around, and me and CTDave will head off to boatdiesel, or some other "real" boating site.
Last edited by thuddddddd on Oct 4th, '06, 11:24, edited 1 time in total.
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

Hey Timmy maybe you can make it to Atlantic City when you're done. Mike can show you the way.

br,
JohnD
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

John, don't you just stay on the GSP till exit 20?? then left at the second toxic waste dump?

I'd have to leave a month early to get to AC
CTdave

Re: stuff

Post by CTdave »

thuddddddd wrote:you tell em........., hey wait a minute. Youz guyz keep kicking thuddddddd around, and me and CTDave will head off to boatdiesel, or some other "real" boating site.
Oh boy! I'll never hear the end of this. Mea culpa already!!!!!
Mabe this will lighten the mood. One of the funniest videos I've seen. It's the kid from brooklyn & his thoughts. Enjoy!
http://www.thekidfrombrooklyn.com/video ... deoid=1183
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

You know it's all in fun Dave. Where else could we let all those RLDT 31 bert guys hang out with a upscale hatteras owner?
CTdave

Post by CTdave »

Upscale Hatteras owner? Nah! B50 here & my wife says I smell :lol:
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Hey Timmy maybe you can make it to Atlantic City when you're done. Mike can show you the way.
Head south and follow the smell.
thuddddddd

Stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

Dave, I was talking about myself. But I know one of these days you'll dump that wallowing B50, and upgrade, maybe move to a searay, or bayliner, before you jump in with both feet and get a hatt for all your off shore boating needs.
Chiles

Post by Chiles »

Bruce,
You were close, It's go south until you smell it, head east until you step in it.

If Thuddd's nose is anything like his dogs... he is still going to need a map.

Chiles
(Timmy started it)
JohnD

Re: Stuff

Post by JohnD »

thuddddddd wrote: Dave, I was talking about myself. But I know one of these days you'll dump that wallowing B50, and upgrade, maybe move to a searay, or bayliner, before you jump in with both feet and get a hatt for all your off shore boating needs.
Now there's a death spiral for ya....

btw Timmy, My tired old gas B35 made it this year, but I didn't see you. Maybe those diesel Fords couldn't make it either....

(now it may take me another 2yrs to pay the gas card off ;)

Your Fren,
JohnD[/quote]
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

Ya know John, I was all set up for A/C till I found out they wanted close to 300 per night, + the 2 1/2 fillups for the BAT(big ass truck) at 70 per, plus all the other stuff, I figured it was close to 1500 weekend. Lot'o ching for a uneducated blue collar guy like me.
Now if I had know Charlie was giveing away those cool bags, like the one Big Doug kept rubbing my nose in the weekend he was up to visit, well then , I might very well have made a apperance, and reminded all of you what (xcept the guys with normal sized boats, of which you are one, even though it's a gas pig) crappy RLDT's are good for......... the start of a significant artifical reef program.

BTW Chiles, you needn't worry about Beau, the super labs,nose, as due to a secret vote, your flame was extingushed at the council meeting, and no more invites for shooting will be afforded you.
RussP

Post by RussP »

Thudddddddd man,
How do you know a Hatt is a offshore boat? From what I understand you haven't mad it offshore in yours.

Just wondering,
RussP
KAHUNA 1963 Sportfish
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

Seen pictures, Russ. Heard stories, so it must be true