Our new 31B

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

DwayneHauck

Our new 31B

Post by DwayneHauck »

2 months ago my wife and i bought the AMY A from Marathon,Fla.It has been sitting at the Keys boat works since 87.we have been watching it for 14 years.the previous owner used it one season since 89.she is here in Manasquan,N.J. now almost stripped and ready for a set of cummings and a whole lot more.pictures are soon to follow.im sure this site is going to be plenty helpful.be prepared for lots of questions!thank you dwayne
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Dwayne,

Welcome aboard & congrats on becoming our newest Steward! You'll find plenty of support, help, and ideas here.

Best regards,

Patrick
thereheis

new 31

Post by thereheis »

welcome!!!! you spent your money wisely....good luck with your new bride....
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

You made the right choice. Good luck. When your done getting it all fixed up you will have something very special that will give you and your family much pride and good times. The people on this site are the best in the world at 31s and will do anything for you that they can. This is the right place.
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Dwayne,
If you have any questions or need any help give me a shout. Starting next weekend my partner and I will be stripping Chimera and starting phase 2 of that project. We'll be at Chris's most nights and weekends until the boat is back in the water.
Good Luck with the new project.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
Whaler1777

Post by Whaler1777 »

Hello Dwayne We are in the same boat here (pun intended) Summer Winds was laid up for just as long as the AMY A and shes gonna be getting a set of the new cummins pretty soon... Its an awesome boat! Best of luck.
Last edited by Whaler1777 on Feb 20th, '21, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.
John Jackson

Post by John Jackson »

Dwayne, saw your boat at Pickel's when it she first came up. Looks like she's in fundamentally good shape. Good luck. Stop by Carver's and say hello.

I have a good radar arch with six rod holders, a brand new enclosure, etc, if your are interested. It has a 4kw Ratheon dome and a decent radar that goes with it. It is on its side next to the Hound in the shed at Carvers if you want to check it out. The arch was made by tower power and it is in pretty good shape. I found this company down south that could powder coat it and make it like brand new for around $600.

I think they are going to put the 270Bs in my boat this week. Stop by and check it out because they are probably going to do yours the same way they did mine. Best of luck with your project and I'll be happy to help you out any way I can. JJJ