CX again???

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

CX again???

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Subject of problem: 10 year old 27" CRT tv in shop. Problem: color goes to all green, on/off erratic. Tried vacuum out dust & saw dust, welding stuff, no help. Solution: took rear cover off and soaked every nook & cranny with red CX and let sit for a while. Result: good as new.

UV
Tom

Post by Tom »

My best lately is a golf cart. Golf cart completely submerged during Ike. Got to it by boat next day and it ran barely. It sat unused for 3 months and all sorts of stuff was rusted and froze up. 3 red cans later and she started and ran faster than ever. Lots of electrical connections to replace but at least I know now where to start.

Ike hit on 9/13, on 1/1/09 I found a fly rod and billy pate reel of mine in the next canal, completely corroded and locked up. Low tide and clear water. Soaked the reel for two weeks and surprise, smooth as a colonoscopy. Caught a couple of redfish on it last Friday.
Viva la Presidente!
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

UV,
Probably a corroded connection on two of the electron guns on the picture tube.
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

That's what I was thinking, plus the main power relay hanging up. Was making a loud 'click' when turned on, but quiet now. Had about a half bushel of sawdust inside too. The color was faded out but now vivid as brand new. Remends me of the CX demo at the boat show of the tv immersed in an aquarium full of CX, running.

UV
DRIFTER31

Post by DRIFTER31 »

Mig welding machine under in Katrina. Let it sit for 6mo. while i did the house figuring on getting a new one. Opened her up for the heck of it and sprayed CX on all over and inside the wire speed and heat switches an its still working today. Great stuff. On the re-fit i dipped every stripped wire before crimping and then re dipped with the terminal and then heat shrink. I hear that will 100% stop the green copper corossion.
Kill Em All ......Let God Sort Em Out