Bidding Adieu to the Bertram 20...

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

CMP

Bidding Adieu to the Bertram 20...

Post by CMP »

Kinda bittersweet, but the new owner will have her soon. She'll be living in Nassau, the Bahamas and I'm real happy with the new owner and location-couldn't be better, IMO. Pretty appropriate too, that it snowed the whole time we were loading her up-last snow she's likely to ever see. Kudos to Big Al's transport service out of Miami-great job...

One trailer out from under and ready to load on the transporter's trailer

Transport trailer under and almost ready to go

Going

Going

Gone

CMP
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

that is so nice you must have cried watching that leave.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
CMP

Post by CMP »

Nope, I had a broad smile on my face, honestly. The guy buying her is so excited, he can't stand it and I LOVE the fact that she'll be in the Bahamas so I can visit! Plus, the B25 is no slouch vessel, so someone else gets to enjoy this one!!!

CMP
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Good Riddence now you have more time to help Timmy; LOL

Oh that's right he's still bird hunting and raising dogs.

Sorry for your loss. Pretty boat
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
CaptMarkB

Post by CaptMarkB »

CMP, been lookin' for ya! Made a post earlier, saw you sold the boat on the bertram 25 site. Did you have a D3 Volvo in the boat? I'm currently restoring a 69 20 Bahia Mar, and the D3 160 is pretty high on my list for power. If you had one, or similar, any performance stats and/or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mark
CMP

Post by CMP »

Well Mark, I can tell you this: when I did the Bertram 25 as a Rybo-style Express, I powered her with twin D3 160's, so that should tell you a little about how I feel! The B20 with the D3 160 was a great combo. I put a 75 gallon tank in her and she weighted in at 3,600 full of fuel. At 27 kts cruise (3400 rpm which is 600 off the top), she burns 5.5 gph, so from an economy standpoint, she is a real winner. If the DuoProp had been available when I built her, I'd have bought that, so I suggest it would be a great play for your project. I learned alot in this project and I think it shows in the B25, so if I can answer any questions for you, I'll give you my best amateur opinion...

Mark
CMP

Post by CMP »

JP Dalik wrote:Good Riddence now you have more time to help Timmy; LOL

Oh that's right he's still bird hunting and raising dogs.

Sorry for your loss. Pretty boat
JP, you KNOW I'm riding that slacker bastid's arse as hard as I can! I promise you this, if the HatterAss isn't in the water and fishing this summer, it will NOT be my fault. Allegedly, we're getting together next week to kick things off. Feel free to come on up to help!!!

CMP
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

Nice to see you were finally able to move it. I can't believe it sat for as long as it did as you were pratically giving it away.
Regards,

Doug L.
CaptMarkB

Post by CaptMarkB »

Thanks for the feedback. I'm definitely going with the duo prop, and maybe even the composite outdrive. When done, the boat will spend time on Long Island NY in summer and Jensen Beach Fl in the winter. I was on the fence for the 190hp, but the performance numbers you give sound great.

Thanks again, Mark B.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

If you put the composite duoprop on that engine you'll get even better performance and track straight as an arrow with your hands off the wheel. I looked into that combo for a Bahia Mar 20 and concluded it's the perfect combo. Unfortunately (for me) a bit unaffordable right now. You might get a good Boat Show price this week. Walter
CaptMarkB

Post by CaptMarkB »

Thanks Walter. I've been shopping around a little, a the best price by far has been has been Marine Power Service, in New Jersey. Still working on fairing the hull, no heat so it will have to wait for spring. Hope to be doing power over next winter.

Mark