Here we go again

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

scot

Here we go again

Post by scot »

Well Captain maybe you will get the needed rain this go around. This little one is tracking straight at the upper Texas coast. I yanked my boat out of the water this morning, the predicted 4ft surge would have broken something. All that's left to do is pick up the lawn furniture and hope for the best.

The good folks in Boliver & Galveston are in for a blow. Good luck to all.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Tom

Post by Tom »

The only thing that blew in Galveston this morning was the forecasters and their models. sprinkles and 10 knot winds. Tide actually lower than a normal high. My folks lost power in Bolivar but most likely cause was a crackhead hit a power pole. Good news is that maybe this was our "one" for the year on the upper coast.
Viva la Presidente!
scot

Post by scot »

The NWS was on one channel talking about the 65 mph winds....the local guy's claimed they couldn't find anything over 45mph. The Weather Channel people tried hard to make a real storm out of that rain they called Edouard. I'm starting to think they tow those Hollywood wind makers around with them just in case.

But, I'll take it. I'd rather take the precautions and nothing happen than do nothing and get blasted.

Tom...crackheads in Bolivar?
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0