Port Eads

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Hal

Port Eads

Post by Hal »

Anybody got any word on PE? Haven't heard anything and was wondering if the channel is dredged well enough to get in.
I like crawfish and beer!
jackryan

Port Eads

Post by jackryan »

A buddy of mine has a camp at Port Eads and has been fishing down there with a 36' Hatteras. The power has been restored, but I am not sure what kind of services are available as far a fuel and overnight quarters. I'll try to get some information from his and let you know if the channel has been dredged.

JR
Hal

Post by Hal »

Thanks. I'm most concerned with a place to lay up if it gets nasty offshore. Fuel is just another bit up the river and we're self contained for power. I'd prefer to duck into SP than spend the night in rough stuff on the chute.

Where's UV and Andre? One of those guys oughta have all the answers.
randall

Post by randall »

power you say? cool.
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Andre said;
There is no security , no maintenance, no shore power, no anything.
FEMA cleared sunk houseboats, etc... from entrance but from nowhere else. A bunch of stuff under water in harbor still.
Silting is getting bad and will eventually cut off harbor entirely.
Plaquemine Parish said Port Eads is way down the list for attention.
Go there at your own risk.
Sad but true.
Last time I was there, power was back on, however, you have to sign up w/Entergy for 10 years at $155 monthly flat fee (no more reading meters like when I was there) to get your service turned on (they rebuilt all lines/poles/transformers back to pre-Katrina again as they had just done that after Ivan(?)).
At that time , only three people had power from Entergy.
R,
DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

I think those guys are in Panama.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Matt Holcomb

Post by Matt Holcomb »

Hal, we passed via South Pass a month ago. There was some type sporfisher/cruiser tied up to the old fuel dock at PE when we went out. River was high, but I would still have been very leary about going in there. Returning the next night, there were 2 sf's tied up at the old big game club dock pilings (all that is left there post Katrina), and another big fisher anchored across from them on the east side of south pass.
Miss drinking port and eating stilton at Port Eads. It was fun showing you an Andromeda and a Big Reidee for the first time......

Matt
Hyena Love

Post by Hyena Love »

Panama be next week. Leaving Friday a.m. on the rum express.

I think Andre is down south with the Judge this week or perhaps next shooting some sort of small birds.
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Andre', da Judge, the Prof, El Presidente, et al are going to Bolivia on the 21st to kill parakeets. First you make a roux.....

UV
Garry

Post by Garry »

Thats a long way to travel...don't they stock those critters at Wal Mart or Pet Smart?. Fished a couple of times with Andy on his Topaz so far. The billed fish seem to like the boat. Problem is the crew can't keep them on the line.... 1 for 4 on Blue Marlin in 2 trips. The rip is now inside of Cognac. You guys have fun in Panama!

Garry
Hal

Post by Hal »

Thanks all.

Doc, there was a rumor that you were going to fish with us a few weeks back. I brought high dollar cigars and was hoping for some fois gras offshore.

What happened and how's the boat?
Tom

Post by Tom »

Garry wrote:Thats a long way to travel...don't they stock those critters at Wal Mart or Pet Smart?. Fished a couple of times with Andy on his Topaz so far. The billed fish seem to like the boat. Problem is the crew can't keep them on the line.... 1 for 4 on Blue Marlin in 2 trips. The rip is now inside of Cognac. You guys have fun in Panama!

Garry
I bet our bill for the week is about what yours would be. Will miss you brudda and I guarantee our ratio is better than 25%. Word is they caught over 30 blues last week, and Reeeechard is at the top of his game.

Lousiana in July however, count on it one way or another.
Viva la Presidente!
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

My TSL spy says 15-20+ bills is the average per boat right now, a real big sail bite and a lot of marlin to boot, would have been better but some of the greenhorns like to tussle with the cat food. But the cat food sure eats good sliced thin at the pool and bar in the afternoons....Reeeeechard, tres martini in da pool, por favor. Blub...what? the mahi fingers are ready? Dinner at 7, don't miss it.

I'ze be'z real ready for some TSL time. Me & the Minster de Pollo (Ret.) will see ya'll in the free whiskey room at PTY before we go do the full grilled octapus deal at Restaurante Jimmy.

UV
Matt Holcomb

Post by Matt Holcomb »

Hal, the Pipe Dream is about ready.....I hope. Sounded like you guys were not gonna fish, so I found another ride. How did yall do?

UV, Uncle Tom, Uncle Earnesto.....yall have fun.....I a wanna see all the pics when yall get back.

Matt