Stock car racing and sponsorship...

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

CMP

Stock car racing and sponsorship...

Post by CMP »

Well, the kid I sponsor in the American/Canadian Late Model tour is 1 for 1 this season, TORCHING the field in the season opening NH Governor's Cup yesterday at Lee USA Speedway. If any of you are interested in jumping on-board with a very hot young driver, call me...

CMP

http://www.acttour.com/

Eighteen year-old stock car racing sensation Joey “Pole” Polewarczyk, Jr. blistered the American-Canadian Tour
field at Lee USA Speedway on Sunday, taking his second career victory at the New Hampshire Governor’s Cup 100. The Hudson, NH ace took the
lead from polesitter Larry Gelinas after starting third, and dominated the balance of the event to take the win in just over 46
minutes. Polewarczyk said that for 2008, his team is “all business.”

“We’re focused on winning the ACT Late Model Tour title,” he said. “We had a checkered flag design on the car last year,
and we decided to leave it off this year, just black, nothing else. We’re all business.”

Polewarczyk’s no-frills car was the class of the field, at times leading by more than a full straightaway. Rowley, MA
driver Eddie MacDonald won a late-race battle with Scott Payea, Randy Potter, and Cris Michaud to take second-place honors.
MacDonald finished fifth in a 150-lap event at Greenville, South Carolina on Saturday night, and flew into New England on Sunday
morning. Michaud, of Northfield, VT, finished third from 19th starting position over Milton, VT driver Payea and Groveton, NH’s
Potter.

Unofficially, rookie Ricky Wolf, Jr. of Northwood, NH finished sixth. Eric Chase, Patrick Laperle, Ron Henry, and Brent
Dragon finished in positions six through ten. Seven-time and defending ACT Late Model Tour Champion Jean-Paul Cyr of Milton, VT
crashed out on lap 4 after contact with Bobby Baillargeon in Turn 3. Neither driver was injured.

The ACT Late Model Tour travels to Maine’s Oxford Plains Speedway on Saturday, April 26 for the New England Dodge Dealers
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Looks like he's got a good career ahead of him. Top 10 in points last year.
CMP

Post by CMP »

He's been on the tour for 3 years-just turned 18. Now, I need to get him the $$$ to get to the next level...

CMP
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

$$$$$$ Very tough now a days in sponsorship.

Talk to the folks at " Just Marketing". They do motorsports only.

I got to know a few of the cup staff back in 05'. Really nice people. They might be able to help you.

Most late model is regional sponsorship. Try all the regional car dealers or large businesses.

National corporate sponsorship is always looking for a return on their advertising and is tough on regional racing getting no tv exposure.

A lot of times regional sponsorship mixes a needed return on their investment along with the company owner getting face time at the track.

In this election year, don't overlook local politicians as advertisers.

Since Dave Moody, MRN announcer lives in NH, a few emails to him may give some help.

You may already know all this this, I learned the hard way. One reason my regional racing never went anywhere was because of sponsorship.
3 years and I was flat broke.

I wish you the best of luck.
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

How do you make a small fortune in racing?

Start with a large one.....

The pond, or the pool. The pond might be good for you.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Mike,
You too?
CMP

Post by CMP »

Some pics from the Governor's cup win...