Miami Boat Show

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

John F.

Miami Boat Show

Post by John F. »

I'm flying in to Miami 2/16 on my way to Marathon to fish with a couple of friends. One of 'em wants to go to the Miami show if its got alot of sportfish stuff--Merittt, Rybo, Gamefisherman, etc. I looked at the site, and the list of exhibitors doesn't look like alot of stuff like that will be here. Never been to the Miami show. How is it?
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Not really worth the hassle compared to the FLL show....all spread out in numerous locations far apart, traffic is a pain, lotta blow boats. Go fishing instead.

UV
nestorpr

Post by nestorpr »

I actually like it better than the FLL show due to the fact that everything I look for is in one place, the main convention center building. The big boats themselves are in another marina (the blowboats are in a separate marina and a different show called Strictly Sail so no need to go there) but the smaller boats and all the equipment are in the convention center. Kind of like in FLL but with a lot less tents and you don't have to jump to several different places to see the boats and equipment.
Looking for my next boat!
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

John,
I've been to both and both are great. Beats alot of places I can think of to spend some time.
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
John F.

Post by John F. »

Although I'd rather fish or stare at the water in the Keys with a cold one in my hand, my buddy really wants to go, so I guess we'll be there 2/17. Thanks for the replies.