Houston Boat Show

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

scot

Houston Boat Show

Post by scot »

Any reports? Did the restro-31 make it in time? I'm headed over next Saturday.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Capt. Mike Holmes

31 at Houston Show

Post by Capt. Mike Holmes »

Scot, I didn't go, was out deer hunting, but the 31 isn't ready yet, Now they plan to show it at the Fishing show in March.

Happens everytime I try to help somebody, they don't hold up their end.
"There is nothing quite so satisfying, as simply messing around in boats."
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Scott,

I went Friday night to pick up some electronics I had purchased earlier from Breakwater Marine (seem like good folks) and I took about two hours to walk through the show. If you’ve been to one Houston boat show you’ve been to them all. It seemed about the same size as last year. Doesn’t change much from year to year but I usually make it up there each year anyway.

DanielM
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

I have been to the Mobile boat show every year for the last 23 years. Every year I always say that I will not attend the next boat show and for some sort of warped reason I always go back.

I purchased DeNada in 2004. I constantly complain about how much money I am spending on my 31 Bertram and I am not trying to make this boat perfect by any means.

Since I have owned DeNada the local boat shows have taken on a new meaning of me............I always leave feeling A LOT better about my self and my decision to purchase a BERTRAM.

To me its simply unbelievable how light and flimsey the new boats are and how much money they get for them............and they will finance some of these boats for 15 years. I keep looking for the REPO boat yard but so far the one that I found is still way out of the park price wise.

Its a shame that roughly, only 1800 boat owners get to know what its like to own and operate a real boat.

Say what you like but if you did not get to experience the 50's and 60's you really missed a good part of life..........Us BABY BOOMERS have the priviledge of experiencing the best in CARS BOATS and MUSIC.....

Wonder what got me going???? Hell I really don't know but I think it may have something to do with making love to a 31 Express all weekend...Ha

Lets get back to the subject here Harry.......are you going to the Mobile area boat show............YOU BET

Harry
hb
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

The FLL boat show is the only real world class boat show. I'll be there the last Thursday in October 2008 after an absence of 2 years, one due to a huricane and the other,,,,,shoot I forget, maybe me & the Bride went to NYC or something. Afternoons at the Quarterdeck, what you say Ric? Let's book up the Flophouse now.

UV
nic

Post by nic »

Now you're talking.....I haven't been for over a decade. Room for one more?

Nic
Hull No. 330 1963 SF "Tennessee"
In Memory of Vicroy

Nic - you bet we have room for ya......

UV
nic

Post by nic »

Thanks UV, I'll block that week now. I'll watch out for the booking details and $$$ to send or PM me when you know pls. You guys drink, don't you?

Nic
Hull No. 330 1963 SF "Tennessee"
In Memory of Vicroy

Nic, we have a few clears now and then, and some red drinks with 151 Bacardi floaters......I'll probably get there the last Wed. in October and leave Monday or Tuesday....the show runs from Thurs. thru Monday. The Flophouse, a/k/a the Ocean Holiday Motel, is a fun place and reeeeeel cheap by FLL boat show standards....walking distance to the show, right across the street from the beach, next door to one of the best restaurants in Ft. Lauderdale.....

Don't worry about sending $$$, I'll take care of your reservation and deposit since I'm one of the few that can communicate with the Bambooshka who runs the place. Give me an email at royvictor@cox.net and I'll give you the details.

UV