New use for RejeX

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

New use for RejeX

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Got some reading glasses with plastic lenses that got all scratched up doing boat stuff....yep, you guessed it: two coats of RejeX and the scratches be's gone. Let the coats cure overnight after you buff the initial haze off, then polish out with a soft cloth.

We know's some stuff here, huh?

UV
Pete Fallon

ReJex & CX

Post by Pete Fallon »

I removed the old aluminum rub rail today, been on the boat since 1961 (46 years). Sprayed CX on the thru bolts at the anchor locker in the bow and other places at transom yesterday, nuts came of with no problem. CX saves lots of time and busted knuckes in tight spaces. Anyone with a old original rub rail, that is having problems with the rail loosening and popping off, the reason is the #12 screws are working the fiber glass at the outward turning hull deck joint flange. Over the years the stainless screws have fatigued most of the holes on the outer edge of the fiber glass flange and the scews are about half of their orginal size due to corrission. Took less than an hour to remove bow to midship one piece section by myself. Going to use thickened epoxy to fill old holes before new rail goes on.

On the Rejex subject, I've got a buddy that runs smokey old 3208's in a charter boat, told him about putting it on the transom, saw him after 8 months, he said it saves him atleast 15 minutes of scrubbing the soot off, after every trip, he fish's over 285 days a year. He loves the stuff.
Thanks Trey, Bruce and UV for telling the faithful about both products.
wmachovina

Post by wmachovina »

Pete, restoring a 31 SF, now at A&J in Port Salerno, like to talk to you, call my cell if you got a moment, 240 6146, Thanks, Bill
Bill
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

UV,
How about this? Paint sticks to glasses like fish blood on deck. Two coats of RejeX and the paint slides right off. Hard to paint when I can't see. Harder yet to replace plastic bifocals.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

I wonder if it would work for contacts!
Regards,

Doug L.
Dug

Post by Dug »

I think this would be the ulimate test, and I am going to give it a shot (no pun intended...)

We just finished refinishing our window frames. Sanded a lot of wood and re-varnished. It took us over two years to do the house. Not done full time...

A couple of times I slipped and the sander hit a window. What are the odds that the Rejex would hide the scratches...?

D
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

A couple of times I slipped and the sander hit a window. What are the odds that the Rejex would hide the scratches...?
Slim & none...

Thanks for the infusion!

Br,

Patrick
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Dug

Post by Dug »

I figured.

Pat, your quite welcome. I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday! And that you get a holiday!

Dug
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31