Looking for Sendure for 440 Chrysler

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Rawleigh

Looking for Sendure for 440 Chrysler

Post by Rawleigh »

I put this in 'Swap/Sell" but I thought more would see it here. One of mine needs replacing and I was hoping someone might have a useable one off of a repower that they would part with. Thanks Rawleigh
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Carl

Re: Looking for Sendure for 440 Chrysler

Post by Carl »

I’ll take a picture of the spares I have/had when I get into the shop tomorrow Rawleigh.
Hope they are what you need.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Thanks Carl!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Carl

Post by Carl »

Raweigh-

This is what the prior owner gave me when I bought the boat from him. I do not see a name on them. I've never used or removed from the wrap to check their condition. I also have the overflow, storage tanks...may or may not be for the heat exhangers. Those do look used.

While at it, 440 stuff I have an intake manifold, pan gasket, starters with an S...maybe alternators too. We used to keep spares of both on hand with at least one set rebuilt and ready to go. I am not sure if I used up the rebuilt ones or not...in either case rebuilt or ready to be rebuilt they are.
Also a pair of distributors...I have zero idea of the condition or if they are for these motors. I took them and put in storage. Also, a rebuilt 440 is sitting here for the day I put on ebay or whatever.

Let me know if you can use

Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Hmm, mine has the piggy backed tanks. I will have to look to see how those would work. Thanks Carl. i will let you know. Rawleigh
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
scot

Post by scot »

Check out the Mercruiser cooler. One of those may work. My 454 had a combination oil/gear inline cooler. I switched to 2 separate coolers.1-1/4” hose for Cold water in, cold water out.. oil in/ oil out.. they all do the same thing, just a matter of where they mount 😬
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Thanks for the idea Scot. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how Carl's work and where to mount them. I will check out the Mercruiser though. I had gotten a quote last year from Lenco for @$1300.00, but who knows what it would be this year!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Carl

Post by Carl »

Rawleigh-

Here is a picture of motor coming out with the exchanger mounted under the manifold. If you zoom in you can see the brackets. It was basically a Y bracket coming from block that clamped the exchanger in two places. A few strips of metal, a couple crude bends and a few welds.

The expansion tank sat on top just inside the alternator.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Oh wow! Mine are mounted above at the back of the motor. I would have to replumb the whole system to use the. Let me think about it some more!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Carl

Post by Carl »

Early on when motors were running warm I had thought about mounting them remote as secondary exchangers. I’m not even sure that would have helped but thought about. I was going to put on the shelves I have outboard of the motors n plumb.

If your thinking maybe, I can send you one. It may fit were your old ones were…than again it may not. Lol.

Boats, gotta love m