old user name / New user name conversion

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

ktm_2000

old user name / New user name conversion

Post by ktm_2000 »

Hi All,

been going through old posts and trying to map out users from old board to new board, there are a whole lot of posts that user names haven't matched, I've been able to match up quite a bit by email addresses but there are a few names with a lot of posts and names or emails don't match.

so some help please, if you know what their new id is?

Old Poster Names:
Bruce Doan
David Dall
Garry Jordan
Jeff Pagano
jim - jima@darbygroup.com
JIMMYG. - jimbob1959@aol.com
John Davis
jp
ken waters
Kevin Mehegan
Sean Burlingham

short list to begin with, more later
Last edited by ktm_2000 on Oct 9th, '20, 14:43, edited 1 time in total.
THESALTYSATO

Re: old user name / New user name conversion

Post by THESALTYSATO »

I know I speak for everyone.
We appreciate you giving your time and what you are doing for the website and jumping in to help out Bruce.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

I couldn't agree more. Thanks to you, Bruce and the Team. Much appreciated......
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

I don't think any of those names have posted in a while. Not sure if JP is JP dalik.
I'll look at old posts this weekend and see.

Many older members have faded away. I know Gary Jordan hasn't been around in quite a while.
ktm_2000

Post by ktm_2000 »

Bruce,

out of the 23K of older posts I have matched up old user name to new user name on roughly 21000 of the posts, those users make up the bulk , probably 100 more with only a few posts.

I am still trying to figure out how to organize the data to present it, been messing with it in excel but the sorting capability is not enough. As a bare minimum I could present the data in the chronological order in which it was posted, it would all be there but would be tough to follow a conversation. This will take a bit to figure out.

FYI - still messing around with the official converter for the main board, I got it to go for the 1st time tonight. It didn't go clean with lots of timeouts which their stuff says can cause corruption, had to refresh over 20 times, I checked the logs, no errors, warnings, failures, etc. The board comes up on my PC clean. I'm online now to get another backup of the DB to try some more.

If I can go with the real converter I will.
Last edited by ktm_2000 on Oct 10th, '20, 07:47, edited 1 time in total.
ktm_2000

Post by ktm_2000 »

Folks - I downloaded a copy of the database and used the migration tool designed by the board software makers and migrated the site. I uploaded the migrated database to the sub domain test forum.

- Post Board Migration Cleanup - I removed the sub domain and the test forum - removed link from this post

Any test posts put up on the last migration attempt are gone but it is up to date as about 1/2hr ago.

Please test - I read some info on cutting down the timeouts and got the count from over 2o down to 2 on the last run. No errors in the converter logs.

Note - this post has no relation to the really old BBS - I am just preparing for tomorrow night's cut over.