Chapman Marine supply in Stuart Fla.

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bruce
Site Admin

Chapman Marine supply in Stuart Fla.

Post by Bruce »

Don't normally promote businesses too much but http://www.chapmanmarine.com in Stuart just helped me out getting some wiper motors. Very friendly, went out of their way to help and just about matched my deep discounted net price I found on line that would have taken weeks to get I got in a few days and delivered.

I deal with multiple vendors everyday who really could care a less about your business and found these guys refreshing.

*NOTE
No compensation changed hands for this recomendation.
Pete Fallon

Re: Chapman Marine supply in Stuart Fla.

Post by Pete Fallon »

Bruce,
I have been using Chapman's for years they have multiple sources of suppliers and will go out of their way to help you get what you want and usually within a few days, mostly overnight and at reasonable prices.

I have doctors appointment on Friday to find out what the final option is going to be with my knee, whether they can replace it correctly or my only other options are to fuse it straight or cut it off at mid thigh. The mid thigh amputation doesn't leave me much of a stump to attach the peg leg to. The fusion is a 6 month 2 stage process which will leave me unable to drive without hand controls or bending it at all.

I have given up my surveyors certification after 16 years, due to the constant pain and not being able to climb up and down ladders and get into tight spaces. After the last survey I did in August I couldn't walk even with the crutches and the pain was unbearable for 5 straight days even with the high octane prescription drugs.

Hopefully I will be returning to Florida at the end of the year, depending on what the outcome of the doctors appointment on Friday. It's hard getting around on crutches with all the ice and snow in the Boston area and living with a constant state of level 9 to 10 pain. See you in a couple of months.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

pete
I hope and pray they can replace it
and no other options
stay well
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Prayers go with you Pete. Let me know if you come down.
Come over to the shop and see all the car projects going on.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Pete

Hopefully it will all work out for you. Will keep you in my prayers.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Carl

Post by Carl »

Unbelievable how long you have had to deal with this.

What can almost be considered routine for so many...wow, no words.
My hopes and prayers they can get you fixed up right this time.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

i am praying for a good outcome Pete!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Pete let’s hope they can replace it for you. Take care.
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Bruce, Charlie, Peter,Carl, Tony and Rawliegh et al,
As soon as I can get around without the pain I will be down to Florida. I have been dealing with this for 39 years since the original accident in the fire house while responding to an alarm. I got around for almost 20 years with just a high tech leg brace, but in 1999 it became so bad I couldn't go up and down the stairs in my on house, the first replacement lasted 5-1/2 years when it collapsed into the lower leg in June of 2005, a revision was done in 2005 at Mass General that lasted 2 years. it loosened up and another replacement went in on January 2010. After waking up from the surgery I told the doctor it wasn't right. 3 years of tests, nerve shots, TENS units, Prolo therapy and PT and it was finally diagnosed as an allergy to the bone cement in May of 2015. Since then I have been trying to find a doctor that would do another revision surgery. Most everyone I have been to wanted to either fuse it straight or amputate at mid thigh. Hopefully this new doctor will agree to a cement less revision. I know I might sound like a constant complainer but living with this pain level is becoming more and more debilitating and has made life miserable.
Anyway I am still optimistic and I can't wait to get back on the water one way or another. They say that upon reaching retirement age is the beginning of the golden years, I have found that it has become more like the rust years. Too bad I can't just spray it with some Corrosion X Uncle Vic's cure for almost everything. Thanks for the kind words and prayers.
Pete Fallon
Carl

Post by Carl »

Pete,

If you can't complain and let off some steam to your friends....you need new friends.

I say lay it on.

...and for the record, I don't think keeping your friends up to date with your dealings is complaining.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Pete, you have been a good friend to us on this Board and a valuable asset by sharing your immense boating wisdom. I echo the others when I say our thoughts and prayers are with you for a positive resolution to this terrible situation.
Priceless

Post by Priceless »

Pete, check your email, I sent you private content. I may be able to help.
Priceless
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Priceless,

I didn't get anything from you in my email. Make sure it went to fal4artbts@aol.com
Thanks,
Pete Fallon
Priceless

Post by Priceless »

Just fired off an email look forward to speaking with you