GREETINGS FROM WASH DC

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

bertramsupermex

GREETINGS FROM WASH DC

Post by bertramsupermex »

FAITHFUL, checking in from Wash D.C. The last 2-3 months have been needless to say, extremely hectic. This has been, believe it or not, my 23rd military move. One of the enjoyable parts of this move was of course being able to visit family, but also to see SUPERMEX! WOW! is simply all I can say. Carl has done a wonderful job. She had just been painted a beautiful Fighting Angel yellow and almost brought me to my knees when I saw her. I know, I know, pictures will be forthcoming. Sorry it has taken me so long to get back in touch. The PENTAGON is amazing. I stand ready to provide any of the FAITHFUL a tour of this magnificent facility. 25K-28K personnel report to work each day and it has taken me almost 4 weeks to learn how to go from corridor to corridor without getting lost. I purchased property right on the Occoquan River so I will be able to put SM through her paces, albeit not offshore, but I will give her the exercise she needs. Good to be back in the V/r Roland
Proud owner of a 1967 B31 Sportsfisherman.
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Welcome home, Commander. I'll take you up on the tour offer soon. From all of the Faithful, thank you for your service.

Gimme a shout, 800 260 9908 and let's catch up.

UV
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Roland, glad to here yo are back in America. Stay in touch with those of us on the Bay and maybe we can all get together soon. Your friend, Rawleigh
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Roland,

Great to hear from you, and welcome home amigo!

Tommy
Chiles

Post by Chiles »

Roland,
Welcome back to the East Coast. I work in Alexandria from time to time so I'll make sure I contact you before I do. If you make it to Richmond for any reason, drop me a note. First beverage is on me.

Chiles
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Welcome home, Commander! Good to have you back on US soil. Maybe you can finish your hitch without crossing anything but state borders...

Br,

Patrick
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

Welcome Back!!!

You're just in time for the fall "Rockfish" season. Hope you get all settled in soon and can take a few evenings and weekend to relax and get re-acquainted with SUPERMEX.

br,
JohnD
chris pague

Post by chris pague »

Roland ; Welcome to the heat and traffic. Current temp is 101.3 and the traffic is at a stand still. Pentagon to Ocaquan on a Fri afternoon is 2hr and 14 min. a distance of 21 miles. Get a Harley and do the HOV. All jokeing aside WELCOME BACK.
As John D said fall rockfish will be soon and Supermex should be able to make the trip to the bay is 2 and 1/5 hrs about 90 miles.
Rawligh and Mikey will provide clears
Stuck in DC Chris
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Roland,
Mikey gots those clears. Might take you up on a tour of the Pentagon. Have always been fascinated by it. Can't wait to see SM. Yellow heh? Kind of like Dreamsicle, pale orange.
Went over to the yard this morning to do some fiberglass grinding. After suiting up in Tyvek et al I was able to make it 45 minutes before calling it a day, but got the job done. When the dust settles I'll go back and vacuum.
Work progresses.
Roland, welcome home.
Sit Stay
Mikey
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
John F.

Post by John F. »

Roland-

Welcome to DC. I work in DC, and live due east on Kent Island, where my B31 Anna E. sits at the dock. Look forward to meeting you.

John F.
JohnV8r

Post by JohnV8r »

Hey Roland,

Glad to have you back home. I'd love to see the pictures of SuperMex when you have a chance. I've still got the last set you sent me with the custom exhaust.

Time to get your burgee wet amigo!
Bertram 31 - The Best Boat Ever Built
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Dittos, Roland !
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
neil

Post by neil »

roland did you get your oak bluff shirts neil
Rumrunner

Welcome Back

Post by Rumrunner »

Glad to see you got back early

Capt Tom
Capt Tom