1970 B31 Stock Water Tank

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

tds8268

1970 B31 Stock Water Tank

Post by tds8268 »

Need some help. I would like to increase the amount of fresh water I can carry on my 31. All the locations with enough space for a 15 to 20 gal tank are already being used so I am thinking about enlarging the stock tank the sits between the stringers under the cabin floor. Here's my idea. Cut the front wall of the tank out, move it forward and re-glass it to the stringers. Then somehow extend the lid of the existing tank to cover both. Will this work? Is there something I didn't think about that I may encounter when doing this? Last but not least, can anyone tell me if the inside of those stock tanks are coated with anything and if they are would I be able to coat the new area with a similar product?

Thanks to all!
Dan
www.finchasersportfishing.com
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

I cut mine out of my 66 Bahia Mar to make a fish hold. The tank was gelcoated on the inside. Also it was very hard to get out on my boat. Very strong and thick like it was made to hold nuke waste or something besides water. Good luck.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

If you could find another tank someone else took out you could section it and graft it in place. I cut a hole and installed a Beckson deckplate in mine so that I could give it a good cleaning occasionally. I think it is gelcoated inside.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
ed c.

Water Tank

Post by ed c. »

If you can move that tank you will be the first person to ever do it. I took one out about 25 years ago to add another fuel tank to the boat. Good Luck