Thank you from the Roys and Funeral info for Uncle Vic

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

Thank you from the Roys and Funeral info for Uncle Vic

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Hi guys (and gals?) It's Jen Roy Oliver- Uncle Vic was my Daddy.

I cannot even begin to express to ya'll how much this board meant to my dad, how much YA'LL meant to him, and how much all of these wonderful stories and tributes have meant to us over the last few days. The morning I saw his "goodbye" to ya'll I thought I was going to be sick...but now I see what a blessing it is that he got to say goodbye in his own dignified way and see how much he meant to you all. He really fought hard. "you can't kill bad grass!" is what he used to always say. And as many times as he came back from the edge we thought that maybe he'd pull through. Not to be. We got four wonderful extra years and he lived them up! So thank you all for your words to him over the last few days and for your friendship to him over the years. I hope you understand how much they meant to him. I think you do :) He's up there somewhere on a boat in no pain...that much I know.

If anyone has any good pics or stories to share we'd love to get them and put them together for his grandkids. My email is jen.oliver@cox.net

The funeral will be a small private family funeral (he hated funerals, and really, who doesn't?) on Wednesday. Afterwards there will be a party at my house celebrating him and all are invited who can make it.

Uncle Vic funeral afterparty info- Home of Jennifer and Chuck Oliver

12:30 pm Wednesday May 30th
1835 Ingleside Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70808

Thanks again guys- Jen
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Simply your dad was a very nice man.
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Hi Jen,

Thank you for honoring us by jumping on board in your Dad's place, and for your kind words. As you have witnessed, we loved your dad dearly, and we already miss him terribly. We want to thank you and the rest of the Roy family for sharing your wonderful dad with us for all these years. May God bless you and your family and may He grant you peace in this time of your (and our) loss.

With love from the Bertram31.com family
chris_wilson

RIP Uncle Vic

Post by chris_wilson »

Dear Jen

Your Dad was a wonderful man that I was lucky to spend time with on 3 different occasions when I took the long journey over there to visit and fish with him at Port Eades.

My condolences and best wishes to Elaine and your family.

Between Steve and myself we will email you with our memories.

Regards
Chris Wilson
Cape Town
South Africa
chris@rsc.co.za
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Thanks Jen

Please extend condolences from our family to yours.

Harry Babb
hb
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Jen,
It's an honor for us all to have you include us.
Having a daugther of my own, I can only imagine how close you were to your dad and how tough this time is for you. You have our thoughts and prayers with you.
Steve Marinak
Duchess - 1973 Sportfisherman
Hueso

Post by Hueso »

Jen:

Our prayers are with you and your family. We loved your Dad and he was an integral part of this group. Our deepest condolences from the Fernandez family at the island of Puerto Rico.

David "Hueso" Fernandez
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Jen

Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. As I am sure you know, we are all going to miss your father.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315