Instrument Lights

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Harry Babb

Instrument Lights

Post by Harry Babb »

Anybody have a few of the small lights that fit the original Cummins VDO oil pressure, temprature gages......that you wanna sell.

or

Know where to buy them???

Its about time to buckle DeNada's control/instrument panel and I need a few of the "Gage Lights"

hb
hb
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Harry - if you have an old one take it to any auto parts place and match it up - they are 12v and you just need to get the right base and bulb size that will fit in the hole. If you want red ones, borrow some of Miss Joanne's figernail polish and make your own.

UV
In Memory of Vicroy

Stop the presses....I just found a box with s bunch of old original Cummins VDO gsuges, three of which have lights installed.....the lights are tiny and are in a strange little plastic holder that presses into the back of the gauge....each with two spade connectors for the light. I'll test the lights in a little while and let you know.

How many do you need?

UV
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

I will take a count later today Vic.......my memory for what its worth.....may need 4.

Thanks

hb
hb
In Memory of Vicroy

Okay - I have two clear ones and one red one that work. But I'll want to keep a couple for AJ so I'll look up the Cummins part #s for you & I'm sure Cummins Mid South has them.

Do you need the bulb holder too or just the bulb? Two of my three blubs didn't work at first until I removed the bulb from the holder, shot some CX in them, scraped the corrosion off the base of the bulb, etc.....so if your have bulbs & they don't work, take an ohm meter and test them - a good bulb will show continuity.

UV
In Memory of Vicroy

Here is your source for the bulbs, cheap. You need the Type A metal base bulb, 7 mm. I measured my bulbs with a mike and mine are the 7mm.

http://www.jegs.com/p/VDO/VDO-Gauge-Acc ... tgod320NXg

UV
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Thanks Vic

I am needing the holder and all.

After I go take a count I will call Cummins and gettum ordered

hb
hb