Gadget report

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

Gadget report

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

I ordered & just got a 150 watt rope cutting electric gun from Hamilton Marine that was on sale. I had a 100 watt one years ago that was pretty dinky. This one is a hoss.....heats to nylon-cutting temp in about 5 seconds and will cut thru 3/4" nylon rope like butter. Highly recc it. I have dozens of ropes and lines (lines are for sailboats, remember) at the camp that need cleaning up and this is just the tool. An added bonus is the blade contact spacing is the same as a standard soldering gun tip so I can use it for soldering too. Well worth the 27 bucks.

Another gadget that worked out good: We have about 40 feet of string lights draped on the porch of the camp for a little accent and have been using the mini lights like you use on Christmas trees....no matter what, part of a string goes out and you swap bulbs and can't get them to work right. Soooo...got some advice from an electrical contractor camp neighbor to go to LEDs, and did. Bought them from www.partylights.com in Houston, huge selection and quick shipping. A 70 light string, about 23 feet long, costs under 25 bucks. Lights last 100,000 hours and they say if one bulb goes out the rest will stay lit....and power consumtpion is almost none....less than 4 watts for the whole string, so yhou can plug dozens end to end. I got two strings and love 'em....totally waterproof too.

http://www.partylights.com/LED/LED-C6-Sets

More ways to skin a cat than feed it melted butter.

UV