Kahlenbergs!!!!!

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Dug

Kahlenbergs!!!!!

Post by Dug »

Well, thanks to the generosity, and guile of my better half, I am the proud owner of a set of Kahlenberg D-OA horns for Alchemy. This is going to be a fun summer!!!!!

Have a listen!!!

http://www.kahlenberg.com/yacht.html#20

pick the D-OA and then play the sound. I jury rigged a compressor here at the house, and I would presume all the neighbors are very much awake. I think it is well in excess of 100 db.!!!

I am so psyched... Now, where to mount them on the boat...!!!!!!
tunawish

Post by tunawish »

Dug,

Very Cool to have a wife that shares the passion and gets you boat stuff instead of socks and shirts...?? Say Hi to Liz for me ..

Horn sounds great too...

Ray
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Very "Horney" Dug! :)
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Who else pictured that scene in Caddyshack where Rodney Dangerfield is at the helm of the big tub and he blasts the airhorns? I can just picture/hear Dug now as he steams through Fishers Island Sound at 24kts and 110db of horn.

Thanks, Liz---you are like the parent that bought her kid a genuine Red Ryder bb gun. Let's hope he doesn't shoot his eye out!

Makes my horn in the can look quite inferior - which it is!

"Hey Smails, my dinghy is bigger than your boat."
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Now that is a horn!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Dug

Post by Dug »

Tom,

I am very much looking forward to the boat being slowed down when I honk.

It will be epic.

Dug
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

My Bride & middle grandson demanded that I get a horn for the camp golf cart....so got a Chinese Ooooogahhhh horn for 20 bucks and it puts out about 120 db. No kidding, its so loud it scares dogs three blocks away...in fact, its too loud, now they are demanding I quiet it down....a foam whiffle ball in the plastic trumpet part worked pretty good.

Spoil sports.....

UV
Dug

Post by Dug »

Vic,

I anticipate some sort of silly request such as this in our quiet little harbor. Like the horns on my Touareg, I shall have to be judicious when I honk...

D
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Dug:

Wake all the Biff and Muffy's of GLP up at 5am each Saturday - it will become an event to look forward to such as the cannon going off in New Harbor each afternoon! Just a lot louder!

Yo frien,

Tom
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Dug, My buddy had a set in his Peterbilt road tractor...when someone tried cutting in front of him on the interstate hed let em rip...bet you check twice next time...change of shorts please...BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Dug

Post by Dug »

Bob,

That's what the ones in the Touareg do. It is spectacular. But it makes it tough to justify tooting just to say hi.

But when someone changes lanes without looking or some stupid crap like that, its a fantastic tool...

D