Snow etc!

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Dug

Snow etc!

Post by Dug »

I hope everyone who got "stormed" is doing ok!

We got 10-12 inches of nice wet snow in Central MA, and it caused some issues. Fortunately, both my house and that of my parents are fine, though there are some trees and limbs down all over the property. Very much a repeat of the ice storm a couple years ago. The issue this time is that there were still leaves on the trees, so the snow stuck and it really weighted them down. In fact, more trees went over or broke off in my yard this time than in the ice.

But the generator is working when I need it with the newly installed transfer switch (4 years ago), and it's pretty slick! (of course, if you had facebook, you would already know that... :) )

Hope everyone else fared as well!!! Pretty wild weather for October actually. And I did get the pleasure of a boatride on both Saturday before it started, and Sunday after it ended!

Dug
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Dug, Sounds like you guys got the jackpot. I had 1" at home and 6" at work 13 miles away..Plow season has begun...I hate plowing snow..rather go for a boatride....while its snowing....BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Dug I was going to ship you some sofa boxes so you could disitribute them accordingly to those POOR wall street protestors that find themselves in a cooler climate than a few days ago. God bless you my son!

Where does one sign up for Mike O's mean team?
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
tunawish

Post by tunawish »

2" at home 4" at work 18" at our house up north in NH ..

5 weeks ago we got 6" of rain in Swampscott in 2 hours.. We were the jackpot for a thunderstorm that supposedly sat right over our town without moving.. Worst rain I had ever seen ..the street had a solid 8" of water running down across the whole thing.... We were lucky... only about an inch of water in the basement...Enough to ruin the carpet and pad but that's about it.. Others in town that never got a drop of water in 40 years had 4-5 feet in their basements...

Tornado's in Mass last spring..Tornado's in NH a couple years ago .. A Noreaster that dumped up to 31" of heavy wet snow in some places on Oct 28th...???

What the hell is happening here.....Crazy stuff...!!!

Ray
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

MarkS wrote:Where does one sign up for Mike O's mean team?
You're in Mark.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Dug

Post by Dug »

Mark,

I cannot entirely fathom these "protesters". Fortunately they are not in my way. I might accidentally run them over on my way to work...

Dug